Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 2: The 4567 Drill

Shot immediately after cold FAST test.
    Forgot to print the target, so had to use a slightly smaller one.
    HK45 under polo shirt.

1) 3.71
    2) 5.56
    3) 4.90 Two out that I can tell, there may be others!
    4) 3.79

Raw time: 17.96
    Adjusted time: 19.96 minimum, it looks like quite a few shots are missing

This is the kind of utterly grotesque performance that makes one consider finding a new hobby...

10/13/2011, shot at the NRA Range. Not cold, but this is the first and only time I ran the drill.

Smith and Wesson M&P Pro 9mm
    Ready Tactical IDPA holster and magazine pouches
    REI Softshell, open front cover garment

The concealed draw screwed me up much more than I expected - I only hit one draw in under 2 seconds. I'm reasonably pleased with the accuracy, though.

- Chris

We are diminished
    Penzoil -- You get a two second bonus for using a genuine Q-PT target. Come on, guys. I get royalties!

Chris R. -- You get a two second penalty for mixing up pistol-training.com and pistol-forum.com. They don't even sound similar!

Site Supporter
    I had a terrible run today, 19.5.

I need a lot more SHO/WHO work. This is a constant struggle for me.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I had a terrible run today, 19.5.
    Tomorrow you may get another chance.

Shot this four times to start off my practice session with my Gen4 17, Comp Tac paddle holster, and a Woolrich vest. Run #3 was my fastest and cleanest:

2.87 -1
    4.21 -1
    2.79 -1

13.41 raw
    16.41 total

Concealment draws were a bugger due to 20+ mph winds right at my back and I found myself rushing my shots after a slow draw.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

We are diminished
    Shot it tonight. First run was a 13.30 (dropped one point WHO). Best was a 12.12 (2.24, 3.80, 3.46, 2.62). I slowed down on the last 2H run because I knew I was well within the time and didn't want to blow it by losing a point.

I also turned in a blazing 11.74, but... I had a point out in the SHO string so I knew I had to push it on the last 2H string if I was still going to come in under 13. Made the time with a bit to spare but managed to drop another point for a total of 13.74, dammit.

No photos, but I hope to get video shooting it again tomorrow (well... later today, at this point).

Can I get clarification on the WHO ready position? That's low ready correct?

We are diminished
    I'd say any legit ready position that didn't involve the gun being pointed at the target and/or have the arm at normal extension.

Ten of us ran this in Culpeper today and video of your intrepid Staff -- JV, LilLebowski, TCinVA, and me -- will be posted before the weekend is over. It won't be pretty...

Thanks, tried it today but lost the results. Probably all for the better since it was a painful reminder that I've not practiced a concealed draw in a long long time. I'll have to settle for average. Also tried the week 1 drill in failing light w/ black on black sight against a black target and although I thought it sucked it wasn't that bad given conditions. Too bad that thread is over. I'll have to try this one again.

User Tag List