Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Charges Out-of-State LEO With Felony for Having His Legal Gun With Him

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Even so, it sounds like the arresting officer did what he could to avoid arresting him.
    I know plenty of rank and file state and local officers who have done or would do the same. It's usually upper management (prosecutors and politically motivated senior leadership) who push this stuff looking to pad their arrest or conviction stats.
    Last edited by rsa-otc; 02-22-2016 at 07:56 PM.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Dude, shut the fuck up. I get that you have a problem with me, you always have going back years on HKPRO, but I never insinuated that Wayne is a pussy or that he is not worthy of carrying a gun. I don't know where you came up with this, but you're completely out of line with your accusations.
    Go back, read what you originally wrote, and see if you can figure out where I came up with that. Then look at all the responses from various folks and see if maybe you were not out of your lane on how far to push the ammo thing in NJ.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Go back, read what you originally wrote, and see if you can figure out where I came up with that. Then look at all the responses from various folks and see if maybe you were not out of your lane on how far to push the ammo thing in NJ.
    People are allowed to discuss things, Nyeti. When people talk about things, there's no need to get so damn ruffled as if everything is an impingement on your unassailable, omniscient experience. Drop the fucking "Salty LE status" quirks on me to, while you're at it. We're all allowed to discuss things here, and I'm not speaking down to Wayne or anyone else in this thread as if I'm the single god damn authority.

I can't wait until I'm a broken, grumpy asshole who looks for fulfillment in life by denigrating people new to the job simply for being new to the job. Maybe that's how you ran things back on your shift, but you're not on your shift. I'd ask you to notice that nobody else in this thread with decades of experience equal to or superior than yours is being a prick with me over the fact I'm discussing things with people.

Can you just drop it?
    Last edited by TGS; 02-22-2016 at 07:59 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    NJ Charges Out-of-State LEO With Felony for Having His Legal Gun With Him
    This is absolutely batsh-- crazy. Is there no professional courtesy shown by NJ at all? Being a lawyer, it would seem to me that the local DA would have much better things to do, and much more important, than trying to make a statement by prosecuting an out of state LEO.

TGS....Sure, I can drop it, and I am sorry your feelings are hurt.

I was a salty boot. Competitive shooter, first guy recruited off a University campus, all the whiz bang gear, up on all latest officer survival tactics.......I learned very quick from some real salty folks who learned a lot over the years that there were many things not in the book, that Stressfire sucked, and a lot of what I "knew" wasn't how reality or the broken system worked. You tend to have a black and white view of a world I have found is very grey, and often things that should plainly be black are made white by someone in charge.

So....I ll just drop it and you can figure it out on your own. I got nothing left but experience to share, if you don't like the delivery....I guess you can be in a long list of people who don't like my delivery. If you can get past my general grumpy negativity....you may find a bit of wisdom that likely came out of mistakes I made myself.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 02-22-2016 at 08:21 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

We've been on a roll lately. Tom, you might want start digging that pole out of the closet

I'm trying to find a copy of that letter. It's in a big mess of stuff I did a data dump on when I left that job.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I am not a negotiator, nor do I intend to play one on the internet, which is often more like Thunder Dome than anything else. ;-) BTW, if this is Thunder Dome, I'm the dude with boomerang:-)

I got a few PM's from people here (thank you, btw), regarding the direction this thread started to go in.

I know both Nyeti and TGS to some extent. I *think* that TGS used the word afraid in one of his earlier posts, and that it was not taken as intended. I'm pretty sure TGS wasn't calling Wayne anything negative, though I understand how someone might disagree with my take on it. Nyeti can be pretty argumentative, just like me and others here. Wayne has been very professional in all his dealings that I am aware of and pussy is not how I would describe him.

Can we go back to picking on stupid NJ politicians instead? :-) Also, if someone could send me a slice of Newark Pizza (the only town I ever came close to shooting a cop in, BTW), I would really appreciate it. Outside of the Bronx and Newark, good pizza is hard to find.
    Last edited by SLG; 02-22-2016 at 09:38 PM.

SLG....yep, seeing the word "afraid" applied to Wayne set me off big time. I ll go back to how much I hate New Jersey. By the way...best pizza.....Fillippi's in Little Italy in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    SLG....yep, seeing the word "afraid" applied to Wayne set me off big time. I ll go back to how much I hate New Jersey. By the way...best pizza.....Fillippi's in Little Italy in San Diego.
    You're crazy. Drink some more chicken soup or something:-) No pizza in CA can touch east coast pizza. Now Chinese food...only reason to goto CA:-)

User Tag List