Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question re: blue label Glock sales

question re: blue label Glock sales

A good friend of mine is a city prosecutor in a Phoenix-area suburb. He recently decided to buy his first pistol, and settled on a Gen. 4 Glock 19. However, when he tried to purchase a blue-label gun, he was denied--the dealer said he wasn't eligible because he wasn't a "district attorney" or "deputy district attorney." He explained that Arizona does not have "district attorneys" (Arizona's prosecutors are either state attorney generals, county attorneys, or city prosecutors), but to no avail.

Is it really the intent of the blue label program to limit sales to judges and county or district level prosecutors? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that a US Attorney, state attorney general, or city prosecutor would be intentionally excluded. Is he just out of luck? Should he try another blue label dealer? Or is there someone with Glock that he should contact?

Any help would be appreciated. This is a good guy who worked for the county before switching over to the city level, and was in no way timid about taking hard cases against bad people.

Thanks!

He could try here, first:
    https://us.glock.com/dealer-locator?...et=dealer-link
    He can try to contact the district Glock LE Rep/Liaison if further clarification is needed.

Sounds as though they're being too literal as I'd imagine it's the same thing. As L-2 suggested, I'd seek out a LE Rep.

https://us.glock.com/bluelabel

Tell him to contact glock directly and see if he can purchase direct from them.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    https://us.glock.com/bluelabel

Tell him to contact glock directly and see if he can purchase direct from them.
    This.

Have him contact Glock. They can give him a definitive answer and either sell him one direct or give him an email to send his stores way to clarify.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, it has been my experience that many FFL's are scared to do anything outside the line when it comes to blue-box glock sales because glock will pull their dealer status super quick.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Have the LE dealer call the area rep for clarification. This is a non-issue.
    Last edited by ST911; 01-24-2016 at 10:15 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Just as an update my buddy went to a different dealer (Scottsdale Gun Club), and they sold it to him no problem

Good to hear. I know that Glock changed the Blue Label sales a while ago to limit the purchase to one model of gun per calendar year. But as far as I know, they haven't changed who's eligible. And the list is rather extensive.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 02-26-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Good to hear. I know that Glock changed the Blue Label sales a while ago to limit the purchase to one model of gun per calendar year. But as far as I know, they haven't changed who's eligible. And the list is rather extensive.
    We're could you get such a list? I know I'm not eligible, but it would be cool to see how many are if its that big.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List