Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fort bend county tx suing wife and children of fallen deputy

Site Supporter

Fort bend county tx suing wife and children of fallen deputy

SMH

I know the county is self insured but this is just wrong.

FORT BEND COUNTY SUING WIFE AND CHILDREN OF FALLEN DEPUTY

Fort Bend County is suing the widow and children of a sheriff's deputy who died five years ago in the line of duty.

Deputy J.D. Norsworthy was critically injured December 27, 2010, after swerving to avoid traffic on his way to back up a fellow officer. He hit a tree on FM 762 near Benton Road and flipped his patrol car. Days later, he died.

In the time since Norsworthy's death the county has never tried to recover reimbursement for his medical bills or lost wages. Only now, after Norsworthy's daughter Kaitlyn has settled with the party deemed liable for the wreck, has the county sued Kaitlyn, her brother and her mother.

"Why would you make it even worse? Theres no words for it. It's just wrong," said Kaitlyn Norsworthy.

She was 13 years old when her father was killed. Five years later, Kaitlyn says she still has trouble with PTSD because she and her mother happened to drive up upon the wreck moments after it occurred. The images still haunt her.

"You know, but you don't want to believe it," she said.

According to the suit, Fort Bend claims it "has been deprived" and "is entitled to the first monies paid by any third party." It lists that amount at nearly $300,000.
    http://abc13.com/news/fort-bend-coun...eputy/1215723/

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    According to the suit, Fort Bend claims it "has been deprived" and "is entitled to the first monies paid by any third party." It lists that amount at nearly $300,000.

"We're obligated to file that suit to make reasonable recovery," said Fort Bend County Judge Bob Hebert.
    ...what a worthless piece of shit dickbag asshole. Some people don't know the right thing to do when it slaps them in the face. "I'm obligated to..." is right up there with "I was just following orders."

Humpf! Norsworthy was a county employee - Yes! He died as a result of an accident he became involved in while he was doing the job. The county should pay the damned medical bills! Too bad Norsworthy wasn't one of Obama's beloved illegals, or poor unfortunate, 'refugees'. Had he been, all of his medical expenses would be taken away from the general Social Security fund, and given to him completely free! (All ya got 'a do is smile and show your bad teeth!)
    Last edited by RavenU; 02-24-2016 at 06:24 AM.

The dictionary should have a picture of Judge Hebert as part of the definition of the term 'dirt bag;!

Site Supporter
    BEYOND OUTRAGEOUS.

I'm hoping this story gets more attention and maybe Abbott can step in tell this county to eat a bowl of dicks.
    Last edited by fixer; 02-24-2016 at 06:30 AM.

Sickening.
    #RESIST

I am not surprised in the least. People think I'm cynical, but this is what happens in public employment.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

The epitome of paper pushing desk jockies without a modicum of ethics, morals and clearly no intelligence.

The types of people who make these decisions are the ones who are the downfall of every PD.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ...what a worthless piece of shit dickbag asshole. Some people don't know the right thing to do when it slaps them in the face. "I'm obligated to..." is right up there with "I was just following orders."
    So you think US judges shouldn't follow the law? The law of subrogation is pretty clear. You don't get to have insurance and damages for the same wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    So you think US judges shouldn't follow the law? The law of subrogation is pretty clear. You don't get to have insurance and damages for the same wrong.
    I'd like to hear from an attorney on whether or not your homeowners contract is different from an employment benefit. My employer was self-insured and paid medical claims, but as greedy and unethical as they were, they never sniffed around to see if the guy who fell off his ladder at home sued Ace Hardware over a defective ladder. To me it looks as though county officials saw an opportunity to get money that never would have been reimbursed had the deputy died of a heart attack. Which is consistent with how local governments roll.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List