Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aero Precision GTG?

Aero Precision GTG?

Looking at one of their 18" stainless barreled uppers for a new yote gun. Are they as good as I've been lead to believe? Their stuff seems like an excellent value.

Site Supporter
    Their 5.56/ 300 BO stuff is good to go. Aero bought out Ballistic Advantage, who are now producing Aero's barrels.

Aero is and was the OEM manufacturer for other marks that you would recognize as high quality.

I've been eyeballing the stripped/OEM Aero carbine Brownells is pimping.

What is the consensus these days on these treated barrels vs traditional chrome lined?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I've been eyeballing the stripped/OEM Aero carbine Brownells is pimping.

What is the consensus these days on these treated barrels vs traditional chrome lined?
    The treated barrels are supposed to be every bit as durable as chrome lined if not more so. I'd have no reservations about using them. I think that's what S&W is doing on several of their guns now.

I have no experience with their barrels, but I'm quite pleased with the quality of their forged lowers. I'm building up a 9mm pistol (SBR once stamp clears) using an Aero lower, it has noticeably higher QC than most of the competitors at the price.
    TY83544

Site Supporter
    I have a couple of their lowers, I haven't seen anything askew it.

I was less than thrilled that they mailed them to the wrong FFL, which was 40 miles away. It was ordered during a busy/frantic time for ARs. I didn't want to wait for them to fix it so I made the drive to get them.

If I were buying another AR today and I didn't want to spend the extra money for a hammer forged barrel from BCM or DD, I'd buy the Aero Precision OEM rifle. The only remote concern I have is how the gas block is attached.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I've been using Aero uppers & lowers for most custom builds in the last year & have had no issues at all. Very pleased with everything. Just ordered a bunch of their M4s for stock today, so I'll see how good a job they do putting 'em together sometime next week when they arrive.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 02-19-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Aero Precision is easily one of the best values out there. I can vouch for upper and lower receivers; they've all worked and fit great together as sets as well as with known quality brands. I just received a complete BCM upper in the mail yesterday, waiting on the complete BCM lower to show up at my FFL and I STILL want to justify building another rifle using some Aero products.

User Tag List