Thread: What is the Leather AIWB solution for a Glock 34/35?

Site Supporter

What is the Leather AIWB solution for a Glock 34/35?

Title says it all. Direct experience is always most appreciated. Before settling on the Shaggy and a Keepers Protoype in 2011, I flirted with the the Desbiens and a Leather Arsenal
    While both ]IWBs were exceedingly well made, neither tucked the butt of the gun nearly as well as the Kydex models mentioned above or the Looper that proceeded them both.

I know Desbiens has made some updates since and one model has the Southnarc seal of approval. In a perfect world, I am looking for a holster in which I lose nothing by way of concealment, a bit of loss in speed max and a significant increase in long term durability given the leather v. kydex.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen in advance for your help.

David Barnes
    www.vcdgrips.com

My closest experience is with a G17. I have had an SME and a JMCK for that gun (specifically -- I have / have had a lot of other holsters for a lot of other guns). The SME tucked the butt very well. The SME wants to run close to centerline, which with the thickness of the Glock created colostomy bag issues. My experience with other guns tells me that the JRC runs better off center than the SME, though it isn't quite as comfortable and doesn't tuck quite as well.

If you currently run centerline and it works for you, the SME is the hotness. If you don't, the JRC is a better bet.

Nyeti recommended JRC holsters and the AWIB-CDA2 and I love it. It conceals a full size 5 inch 1911 perfectly with just a tshirt and is very comfortable and well built. It is the nicest holster I own. I also own the Desbian holster your talking about for a p2000sk and it also is well built just doesn't tuck the butt of the gun against my body as much as I would prefer. Hope this helps.
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Site Supporter
    JRC CDA-II is my leather AIWB holster of choice. Conceal's great, and the small adjustments you can make to it are really worth it to me. Highly recommended.

I tried an SME for a 1911 during a class 2 years ago. It seemed as good as the kydex aiwbs as far as horizontal tucking, or using the belt to pull in the grip. The one I played with didn't have any sort of muzzle wedge mod, so at the time my kydex was better for that aspect.

It was super comfortable and really nice.

I've got a JRC CDA on order from the holiday special, for my P30. But I have no experience with it yet, obv. JR is really easy to talk to, and seems very open to making little mods or tweaks if you have an idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JRC all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Nyeti recommended JRC holsters and the AWIB-CDA2 and I love it. It conceals a full size 5 inch 1911 perfectly with just a tshirt and is very comfortable and well built. It is the nicest holster I own.
    Rick
    I was pretty much going to write this verbatim. Got mine on right now. It is the tits.

Thanks for all the votes of confidence. I am glad the holster works well for a good segment of my customers.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Thanks for all the votes of confidence. I am glad the holster works well for a good segment of my customers.
    If you have a testimonials section on your website, you can quote me as saying "JRC holsters are the tits."

User Tag List