Thread: Safariland GLS Holsters - 5377 vs 578 Pro fit

Site Supporter

Safariland GLS Holsters - 5377 vs 578 Pro fit

I've been using the Safariland 537 pancake type holsfer with GLS retention for my Glock 17 for a few month now with good results, however the weapons fit selection on this model is limited and does not include our issued SIG P229R.

Does anyone here have experience with the gun specific GLS Holster, the 5377, versus the multi-fit GLS model, the 578 pro fit?

How is the mechanical retention and durability of the 578 Pro Fit ?

Thanks
    Last edited by HCM; 02-17-2016 at 05:08 PM.

On a whim, I bought a 578 because it looked like it fit a number of HK models. Without modification, it fits the USP FS 45, USP FS 9/40, HK45C, HK45CT, P2000, Glock 19/17, Glock 20, to name what I tried. The draw is as fast as an open top, range holster. Pretty handy piece of kit for those that like more than one platform.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    On a whim, I bought a 578 because it looked like it fit a number of HK models. Without modification, it fits the USP FS 45, USP FS 9/40, HK45C, HK45CT, P2000, Glock 19/17, Glock 20, to name what I tried. The draw is as fast as an open top, range holster. Pretty handy piece of kit for those that like more than one platform.
    Thank you for this tidbit. I was looking for a pair of range bag holsters and this was top of my list as it purports to fit damn near everything we have.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I've been using the Safariland 537 pancake type holsfer with GLS retention for my Glock 17 for a few month now with good results, however the weapons fit selection on this model is limited and does not include our issued SIG P229R.

Does anyone here have experience with the gun specific GLS Holster, the 5377, versus the multi-fit GLS model, the 578 pro fit?

How is the mechanical retention and durability of the 578 Pro Fit ?

Thanks
    HCM,

They make the 537 for the P229r now. 3 of us from the forum got'em.....check out the 537 thread.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List