Thread: Lucky Gunner - Handgun Self-Defense Ammunition Ballistics Test

Site Supporter

Lucky Gunner - Handgun Self-Defense Ammunition Ballistics Test

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self...tic-tests/#9mm

Over the last few months, I’ve been working with the rest of the Lucky Gunner team on another one of our epic experiments, which we’re proud to finally unveil: ballistics gelatin testing for over 100 self-defense handgun ammunition loads. 117 to be precise, and that’s just round one. This testing will be ongoing, and we’ll keep adding to the results as we have the chance to test more loads.
    Pretty cool page with links to each one tested. Looks like they did a lot of work on this.

Yup lots of great info from That page, very well thought out test.. Glad to see them do it...

Thanks for posting it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Thanks for sharing our test! There are a lot of dudes here with far deeper ballistics knowledge than myself but let me know if you have questions about our results.
    The guy from Lucky Gunner

Wow - that's some great data. Thanks for sharing.

The two issues I have are the use of the Clear Gel, and their "heavy clothing" choice.

It's a decent effort, but how they did this leaves something to be desired.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    I missed your original post, sorry for the dupplicte post.
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 02-17-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Not a question, but rather a comment. It would be nice if the results tables listed the manufacturer SKUs/part numbers (P9HST3, P9HST2, etc.) or that the search boxes would search the SKUs in addition to the product names.
    The original version of our chart did have the manufacturer SKU, but it added too much clutter for a feature that 99% of readers probably won't use. But we could probably make the search box respond to queries for SKUs. I'll talk to the programmers and see if they can pull that off.
    The guy from Lucky Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by LGChris View Post
    Thanks for sharing our test! There are a lot of dudes here with far deeper ballistics knowledge than myself but let me know if you have questions about our results.
    Good stuff. I really like the federal hst. Need to switch over to it. Have you tried the hornaday american gunner stuff?

User Tag List