Thread: Pain in support ring finger?

Pain in support ring finger?

So lately I have been noticing when gripping a pistol that my support hand ring finger hurts both in the finger and the wrist. Doing some research has led me to believe it is not carpal tunnel as that involves the thumb, index and middle fingers.

I do BJJ 3x a week and on off days I lift (3-4x week) so it's possible that something is either pulled or damaged. I do find it quite odd that it is only one finger.

This is preventing me from gripping with the support hand as hard as I would like. Has anyone experienced this? Any remedies?

I had a similar issue. It's likely an overuse injury. Mine was remedied with a several month hiatus and frequent icing.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor.

Had a similar thing with the middle finger of my support hand when I kicked up my dry fire and increased how hard I gripped with my support hand a while back. Backed it off a little and it has gone away mostly. Still flares up if I do a lot of hard gripping.

I have the similar issue. Diagnosed as irritation of pulley system in hand or a form of tendonitis that can lead to trigger finger.

My case came from too much gripping in crossfit.

I am not an MD but this may be the issue.

See tuturial

http://www.physio-pedia.com/Trigger_...apy_Management

User Tag List