Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wadcutter effectiveness

Sounds like the BB round might be good for woods use, but not the thing for normal carry.

If longer-range accuracy matters to you, wadcutters tend to be extremely accurate out to 50 yards, but groups open up significantly beyond that.

Okie John

Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 02-23-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Roy was one of my very early mentors when I was a college student at San Diego State and he worked for San Diego PD. Roy took me to my first shooting match 30 years ago. He was freakishly fast and was very unconventional by shooting a 3" fixed sight K frame against all the guys with the long barrel adjustable sight guns. He was also a stellar cop and taught me that you could be a bad ass and tough cop and still treat people decent. The key was you had to be squared away on your shooting skills. Roy was a guy who excelled at talking crooks into the car, yet could go right to guns if needed. Stellar guy and a gift to the industry.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I instantly like that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Roy was one of my very early mentors when I was a college student at San Diego State and he worked for San Diego PD. Roy took me to my first shooting match 30 years ago. He was freakishly fast and was very unconventional by shooting a 3" fixed sight K frame against all the guys with the long barrel adjustable sight guns. He was also a stellar cop and taught me that you could be a bad ass and tough cop and still treat people decent. The key was you had to be squared away on your shooting skills. Roy was a guy who excelled at talking crooks into the car, yet could go right to guns if needed. Stellar guy and a gift to the industry.
    Thanks for sharing those memories and for praising a guy who should be praised. He made an excellent video also.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I instantly like that guy.
    Yep.

Plus he got a lot better results than I did.

Okie John

Not only is that nice shooting but the production values and Mr. Huntington's delivery were superb. They should be doing programs for Sportsman's or Outdoors channels.

Thinking some HiTS instructors and students would do very well on the tube...

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    No kidding!? Crazy small world. A good friend of mine lives near him now. Roy got him into building, and collecting, 1911's. Apparently Roy's collection of firearms is unbelievable.

I'm supposed to meet him as soon as we can get schedules to work out. I'm really looking forward to it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Roy is one of the most genuinely neat, kind, practical, common sense guys in the industry and has done great with American Handgunner magazine.

He also had one of the best LE jobs ever for awhile. He ran a patrol boat in Mission Bay in San Diego for San Diego PD. Probably the coolest ride along I ever did was going out with him. It was hard going back to my world of ghetto graveyard. Roy seemed to also have a real knack for finding beautiful women in very small bikini's washing boats and yachts. He would get on the radio and tell his supervisor that he was checking gang activity at whatever boat slip they were at.......which I assume was code for the boss for where the hot girl boat washing crew was working. On the other hand, Roy could drive that Boston Whaler like a boss at speed in the open water responding to actual emergency calls.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List