Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock Sights

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I wish there were a sight "petting zoo" somewhere to check out all the possibilities before shelling out the $$.
    I think an ideal rental section at a range would have all kinds of aftermarket goodies sprinkled hither and yon amongst the rental guns.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    I tried searching this, but couldn't find anything good. What night sights are everyone running on their glocks these days?
    There is no consensus, but many excellent options.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I think an ideal rental section at a range would have all kinds of aftermarket goodies sprinkled hither and yon amongst the rental guns.
    A rental case with a handful of G19 frame/trigger setups and a dozen or so slides to pick from would be brilliant. Like a "build your own sundae" bar for shooters.

"I'd like to try the apex trigger with the rmr'd slide this time, Jim!"

Relative to the OP, I've settled on liking the Ameriglo Hackathorn (serrated rear) and Spartans (less contrast-y 3-dot tritium rear) for night sights.

I've done good (relative to me) shooting with Heinie straight-eight style (with the front painted orange), Warrens, Trijicon HDs....

Right now I've been shooting 10-8s with fiber front and plain rear and really like them (my first time playing with fibers) but they aren't night sights, I suppose.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    I have Warren Tactical rears on a couple of guns with Heinie tritium front sights. I have a 10-8 rear and a 10-8 brass bead front sight on a another pistol and I really really like this set up. If you're shooting with your back to the light, the brass bead really shines. If you're shooting into a better lit area, the outline of the sights are easy to pick up. Unfortunately 10-8 has stopped making this front sight for the time being. I think I'd like the 10-8's even more if their rear sight had a square notch.

Perhaps you could pair a Dawson rear with the Vickers gold bead front.
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I have Warren Tactical rears on a couple of guns with Heinie tritium front sights. I have a 10-8 rear and a 10-8 brass bead front sight on a another pistol and I really really like this set up. If you're shooting with your back to the light, the brass bead really shines. If you're shooting into a better lit area, the outline of the sights are easy to pick up. Unfortunately 10-8 has stopped making this front sight for the time being. I think I'd like the 10-8's even more if their rear sight had a square notch.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Here we go again... If I had a nickel for every of these threads I'm subscribed to... And yet, I keep subbing, because I have been in the OP's shoes, and never really took them off.

Currently running an orange TCAP front with a Defoor rear (GL-400).

If I had my choice, I think I'd prefer a .115" wide tritium front. But the .gov doesn't seem intent on letting us have such things. I am willing to surrender to the .125" front, like the TCAP.

If I had my choice, I'd have a Classic Operator rear with yellow vials. That's yellow tritium, truly no outline, .150" square notch, stock height. It existed, but Ameriglo discontinued it. No one else makes it that I know of. Trijicon makes it only in suppressor height.

If I had my choice, lining up the top edges would make the tritium vials line up. The Trijicon HD's are the only sights I've seen make this happen, but I have tried and don't like those for other reasons.

Thank you for this information. Do the TCAP orange sights have the Luminova in them like the green or did that not pan out? Also, can I ask what you did not like about the Trijicon HD's?

Thank you everyone for responding to this thread! I am trying to go through everyones comments and sort everything out currently!

I currently have HD's on my 19 and my 26. Before that I tried Ameriglo Defoors but the first time I took them off my 19 to see if I wanted another set for my 26 the screw stripped and I decided I was done with them. Before that I had standard Trijicons. I really liked them but they werent cool enough so I fell for the I want to be cool marketing. I like the HD's but the rear sight is sharp as a razor. I dont know that I am to a level of shooting that the HD's are worth it to me. I think the Standard trijicons are good enough for me.
    Last edited by camsdaddy; 02-18-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Yep. Have three sets on guns here at home. I too have wanted something different on the other four Glocks in the house.
    I wish there were a sight "petting zoo" somewhere to check out all the possibilities before shelling out the $$.
    My main gripe with the Glock OEM night sights is not enough light around the front sight. A wider rear sight notch might be all I need if it is compatible with the OEM front.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I have Warren Tactical 2-Dot sights on my G19 and the used G17 I bought came with Trijicon Bright and Toughs (my competition G34 has a Warren Tactical plain rear and FO front).

I like the 2-dot Warrens for everything but, oddly enough, shooting in low light. After using the G19 in a low-light match last year, I found it very difficult to find and align the two dots. The three-dot Bright and Toughs are much easier to align in the dark, however, I find the rear sights a bit distracting in normal light. The Trijicon HDs seem like they'd be a great compromise, but I prefer a thinner front blade. I’m thinking of trying a set of Warren 3-dot tritium sights next to see if they might hit the sweet spot.

User Tag List