Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SP2022 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I rented a 2022 at the range today when I saw they had one in the case after seeing this thread. Nice pistol. The trigger required some getting used to as I've become very accustomed to striker fired. The 2022 was comfortable, accurate, and reliable though. I'd consider picking one up and have been considering adding my first Sig to my collection but was thinking more along the lines of a 226.
    You're losing absolutely nothing getting into the SIG game by picking up a 2022.

Vending Machine Operator
    I sure wish my SP2022 stainless 9mm with night sights that I got for $399 had worked out for me. If it had fit me it would have been easily my best gun buy ever. Strong ejection, accurate, soft shooter, reliable.

Luckily I was able to get into a VP9 with night sights by using it as the bulk of a trade, so no hard feelings, but still a bummer.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 02-21-2016 at 04:58 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    You're losing absolutely nothing getting into the SIG game by picking up a 2022.
    I'll say, as its DA pull is about the smoothest, sweetest right out of the box.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone tried undercutting the trigger guard on their SP2023 ala Glocks to improve the fit ?
    Last edited by HCM; 02-21-2016 at 05:31 PM.

These guns are some real sleepers. I spoke with a SIG product developer last year and he stated they were updating the 2022 with a slightly different design and an SRT that should be a retrofit to current SP's as well. That was over a year ago and haven't heard a word sense. I really wish they would expand the line, like a .45, compact and subcompacts. Still a great value.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I'll say, as its DA pull is about the smoothest, sweetest right out of the box.
    I think after about 7,000 rounds the Beretta PX4 does it better, but the SP2022 pull is nice, no doubt.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I think after about 7,000 rounds the Beretta PX4 does it better, but the SP2022 pull is nice, no doubt.
    7,000 rounds =/= out of the box. LOL.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    7,000 rounds =/= out of the box. LOL.
    Hahaha yeah she was definitely stiff out of the box but over years and lots of rounds turned into a pretty sweet machine. Maybe the SP2022 after 7K woulda been even better, who knows.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 02-21-2016 at 09:43 PM.

This.

The 2022 I had wasn't my cup of tea but it was a very impressive piece of kit. It would sell very well even if the price was $2-300 more.

Okie John

Agreed. I have my 226 on consignment right now, but I'm keeping the 2022.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List