Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: Streamlight Protac 2AA

Review: Streamlight Protac 2AA

Description:
    According to Streamlight, the 2AA features "C4 LED Technology, Impervious To Shock With A 50,000 Hour Lifetime, Multi-Function, Push-Button Tactical Tailswitch. One Handed Operation Of Momentary, Variable Intensity Or Strobe Mode, Anti-Roll Facecap, Removable Pocket Clip, Length: 5.97 In (15.16 Cm) Major Diameter: 0.90 In. (2.29 Cm) Barrel Diameter: 0.65 In. (165 Cm), IPX7 Rated Design; Waterproof To 1 Meter For 30 Minutes." I purchased both of the 2AA's featured in this review from Amazon for $39.50.
    Read the full review here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/02/streaml...rotac-2aa.html
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Shilling!!!!

I've had similar results with my protac 2aa I think it is an all around good light. I dont cry when I loose one, I can find AA batteries anywhere, and I find the lenght helps it stay in my pocket. My last one was starting to flicker a bit here and there but it had been dropped about 40 feet off of some scaffolding and stuck right next to and on top of quite a few hot welds. I haven't experimented with a lot of the other brands I just found this one and I also like the protac 2l to work for me.
    Last edited by The Apprentice; 02-16-2016 at 03:32 PM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I liked the ProTac 2AA I purchased off Amazon. Good light, not terribly bulky, very reasonably priced. Carried it for a while, but ultimately it was just a tiny bit too long for the pocket of my mom jeans and would either poke me in the hip or try and pop out as a consequence.

If my usual jeans had deeper pockets, I'd likely still be carrying it. Gave it to my roommate and she's still using it around the house. She likes that it uses AA cells, which we usually keep on hand by the drawer-full.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Thanks for reading the review...I agree that it may be slightly too long, especially for "mom jeans" whatever those are.

The 1AA is pretty good, though half the lumens of the 2AA.

I am still trying to figure out a good way to have a mag and a flashlight secured in a back pocket.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Thanks for reading the review...I agree that it may be slightly too long, especially for "mom jeans" whatever those are.

The 1AA is pretty good, though half the lumens of the 2AA.

I am still trying to figure out a good way to have a mag and a flashlight secured in a back pocket.
    I had a 1AA I carried for about 2 years. It even survived a trip through the wash. It was still going strong when I gifted it to my 6 year old nephew.

I've used a ProTac 1L since November 2011 and it's been great. Small enough for a pants pocket and bright enough to pull traffic stop duty when my primary light has gone dead (obviously not ideal). Recently the switch was malfunctioning and would work for momentary but of clicked on for constant would switch off. Since the switches are only warrantied for a couple years I broke down an bought a replacement. I really like these small Streamlights. I keep the light you reviewed on mine and my wife's vehicles.

I've had one for about two years. Started carrying it again recently after using the Quark AA for about a year. Unlike the Quark, the 2AA has shielding for the tailcap that keeps the light from going off in my pocket. Works well clipped to a MTDS Pocket Shield.

ETA: Also, zip-tie the pocket clip.
    Last edited by ssb; 02-16-2016 at 07:48 PM.

I love the Streamlight ProTacs....and mom jeans

I got one for Christmas. So far I like it quite a bit but I haven't used it as hard as you have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List