Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Get Off Me" Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Thank you for using the correct word here. While I never say anything when someone incorrectly writes peaked or peeked (since my posts often read like ESL), it still bothers me more than it should.
    Hah, I'm ejucated doncha know? :P Never realized this was a thing, but makes sense now that you mention it.

FLC, I like the pencil idea so much I just ordered one. I can see myself ordering more if you made other tip designs. Maybe something that looks more like a real pencil. A pen/pencil style pocket clip is another idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I am no SME in any sense but think a harder angle on the carbon fiber pencil and fill the hollow with epoxy.
    I was thinking C4, a blasting cap, and short fuse/timer you activate by hitting the eraser. Either I've been watching too many Bond movies lately, or it's just a scary place inside my head.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Took a class with an instructor (and cop) who took a bic pen and added an aluminum shiv to it, sharpened rod from a hardware store. Kept it in his polo shirt collar.

I am no SME in any sense but think a harder angle on the carbon fiber pencil and fill the hollow with epoxy.
    I do a titanium insert for the papermate pens

In the past I filled sharpy markers with epoxy to beef them up. Not a bad idea to do this to the "pencils".
    Grinder Monkey, CEO and Janitor at FLC Knives.
    Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!

Quote Originally Posted by FLC Knives View Post
    I do a titanium insert for the papermate pens

In the past I filled sharpy markers with epoxy to beef them up. Not a bad idea to do this to the "pencils".
    Do you have any pictures of said Papermate pens?

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Do you have any pictures of said Papermate pens?
    I will try to dig one up tonight. Please remind me if I forget. Tonight is full! Between kydex, shipping and a shop tour I'm gonna be lucky to remember to eat dinner

I've never been much of a fan of modified pens and such due to my worry about the perception of having/using single use items made specifically for nefarious purposes, so I carried one of these types of punches in my uniform shirt pocket for most of my career. Being dual purpose IMHO is more gooder.

http://www.theemsstore.com/store/pro...FQMHaQodD80FpA
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Thank you for using the correct word here. While I never say anything when someone incorrectly writes peaked or peeked (since my posts often read like ESL), it still bothers me more than it should.
    Neat weapons pique my interest. My interest peaked when I saw the pencil. After seeing there was no lead in it, I peeked at my edc pen. Satisfied, I retired.

The pencils actually work very well as is and easily punch through soft material. I may experiment with filling one with epoxy...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I've never been much of a fan of modified pens and such due to my worry about the perception of having/using single use items made specifically for nefarious purposes, so I carried one of these types of punches in my uniform shirt pocket for most of my career. Being dual purpose IMHO is more gooder.

http://www.theemsstore.com/store/pro...FQMHaQodD80FpA
    I'm with you there and already thought about that.

The pencil is not something I'd see myself carrying EDC, for a number of reasons. I mostly like it because it's just plain cool. But, there are also situations where something like this would be useful and the glass punch idea wouldn't work.
    Last edited by GRV; 02-17-2016 at 12:05 AM.

Thanks for the reminder Dove
    This is an old pic I dug up as I don't have any of these at the moment. That's going to change real soon though
    Titanium in a papermate body.

User Tag List