Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ergo Roller vs. standard height roller handle from Inline Fabrication.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Then you should definitely try the roller handle, IMO.

I would have thought just the opposite from your post above, since my machine is about chest height.

fwiw, I have no issue with the standard ball grip. On the LCT, the primer system is VERY close to the handle, so I thought a drop more clearance for my hand might be nice. Also might make seating primers easier, IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    For me, the roller handle is useful if you load while standing up;
    This was exactly my experience. I ordered a roller handle and used it a bit on my 550b. Seated, I found the regular handle worked better for me and gave the roller handle away. I'd get a Strong mount and roller handle if I was comfortable loading while standing.
    Last edited by LSP552; 02-14-2016 at 07:29 PM.

I prefer the regular ball handle, and I reload while seated. Of course, the height of the seat relative to the bench is also an important variable for comfort, and you have to find out what works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    I prefer the regular ball handle, and I reload while seated. Of course, the height of the seat relative to the bench is also an important variable for comfort, and you have to find out what works best for you.
    My stool is about 6" lower than my bench, works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I would have thought just the opposite from your post above, since my machine is about chest height.

fwiw, I have no issue with the standard ball grip. On the LCT, the primer system is VERY close to the handle, so I thought a drop more clearance for my hand might be nice. Also might make seating primers easier, IDK.
    Sorry, I forgot you don't have a Dillon. My mistake, sorry for the confusion.

Basically, this has nothing to do with manufacturer specifics; its all about physiology, muscle/ligament movement and stress, etc. And no doubt my T-Rex arms are a factor. If I use the handle while seated, it does not allow my elbow to rotate enough; the ball allows my palm to slide around on it and my elbow to over-rotate a bit.

I have an inexpensive height-adjustable bar stool so I can fine tune my height. I could not load 5K/month of 9mm without the ergo handle - use green loctite to keep the handle from unthreading.

User Tag List