Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ergo Roller vs. standard height roller handle from Inline Fabrication.

Ergo Roller vs. standard height roller handle from Inline Fabrication.

Anyone have some experience with both and can compare them for me? Trying to decide which one to get.

For me, the roller handle is useful if you load while standing up; IOW, the machine is more at belt level than chest level, which is normal when sitting down. I found that being able to rotate my hand around a spherical handle end was more comfortable; the roller handle keeps your hand pretty much stationary and cramps my forearm muscles from the seated/machine-at-chest-level position.

You really won't know until you try it. The black ball on Dillon machines has worked out better for me. What's even better is the phenolic billiard balls that some fellow was doing a while back; they are a bit larger and let you get more leverage.

Here it is; pretty cool oddity; and it works great.

Sorry, I have no idea who the guy is/was, or if he is still offering these. I saw it on another forum quite some time ago, contacted him, and this and #13 was all he had remaining. He said he did them in batches, and of course the eight ball was most popular.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

#2 looks good, thanks. I guess I'll stick with my ball handles for now, as my press is pretty high up and I like to stand while loading.

I only recently bought a roller handle for my 650. I wouldn't put in the "necessity" category, but it's pretty nice and I do wish I'd purchased it originally. For reference, I do load standing primarily though.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I only recently bought a roller handle for my 650. I wouldn't put in the "necessity" category, but it's pretty nice and I do wish I'd purchased it originally. For reference, I do load standing primarily though.
    Is your press bench height or on a strong mount?

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Same here. Ergo roller and a Dillon Strong Mount.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Ergo and strong mount, standing, 42" bench. I'm 5'10" when the man isn't keepin' me down.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Is your press bench height or on a strong mount?
    Bench height sans strong mount b/c of overhead clearance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post

... my press is pretty high up and I like to stand while loading.
    Then you should definitely try the roller handle, IMO.

User Tag List