Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The Hebrew Hammer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Works on the opposite principle...huge heavy bullet at a moderate velocity. I do not recal a single shooting that required more than one round if the bad guy was hit.

That is the one. Our Swat guys went to a SWAT school and that was a comment made to them about their guns and the loaders.
    Not to annoy with too many questions, but what was the recoil like vs the .357?

I am pretty sure the N frames are too big for my hands, but I can dream.

I wish more officers paid attention to what they carry or carried in the past. So much potentially fascinating information is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    One of the cool things about revolvers is that you can probably find a set of grips stocks to fit that gun and your hands.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I wish more officers paid attention to what they carry or carried in the past. So much potentially fascinating information is lost.
    As Drang said, getting the gun to fit is a matter if finding the right stocks.

As for .45 LC recoil vs. .357. Everything from “close to the same” to “radically different”. The hottest of the hot .357 loads tend to fire a 180’ish grain bullet at 1500 fps. The hottest of the hot .45 LCs fire a 250-grain bullet at 1500 fps.

I’d rather shoot a M25 with Gold Dots all day than a M19 with Gold Dots all day. The M25 is a big gun and the .45LC Gold Dot is a pretty mild round that delivers great terminal performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I’d rather shoot a M25 with Gold Dots all day than a M19 with Gold Dots all day. The M25 is a big gun and the .45LC Gold Dot is a pretty mild round that delivers great terminal performance.
    At the risk of a thread derail: A simple illustration of basic physics that inexperienced shooters tend to find mystifying. The wife took a class in which she fired her LCR, LCP, and her Star .40. She was astonished that the Firestar was the easiest to shoot. Its small, but it's a solid block of steel, the heaviest of the three by far.
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    As Drang said, getting the gun to fit is a matter if finding the right stocks.

As for .45 LC recoil vs. .357. Everything from “close to the same” to “radically different”. The hottest of the hot .357 loads tend to fire a 180’ish grain bullet at 1500 fps. The hottest of the hot .45 LCs fire a 250-grain bullet at 1500 fps.

Awesome post. Thank you!

How much does the M25 4 inch version weigh?

Awesome post. Thank you!

How much does the M25 4 inch version weigh?
    I don’t have one right here to weigh. But I’d guess 45 or so ounces loaded. An M19 4” weighs about 35 ounces.

Alas, a 4" Model 25 is not catalogued at this time. But a 6" Model 25 is listed at 42.5 ounces. The 4" 625 JM is 40.5 ounces, and the PERFORMANCE CENTER® Model 625, also 4", is listed as 42 ounces.
    Glenn Reynolds

If you can handle a 357, then you can handle a 45 Colt.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    If you can handle a 357, then you can handle a 45 Colt.

Okie John
    In factory loads suitable for a S&W N-frame, yes. Hand loaded to its potential in strong revolvers the 45 Colt fully eclipses the .357 Magnum in recoil

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    In factory loads suitable for a S&W N-frame, yes. Hand loaded to its potential in strong revolvers the 45 Colt fully eclipses the .357 Magnum in recoil
    My current outdoor revolver is a Ruger Super Alaskan in .454 Casull, which is basically the .45 Colt Magnun. I can shoot anything from Cowboy loads to Kodiak loads in it.

For others, keep in mind that the Model 25 covers both .45 Colt and .45 ACP guns. Most of the listed guns are .45 ACP and need moon clips to shoot or use .45 Auto Rim. I am not a fan of the .45 ACP guns.

Recoil wise, both .45 Colt and .44 Special in N frames are easy on the body recoil wise if you stay under 1000 fps with loads around 250 grains versus many of the other magnums. We had great results with 220 grain Silver tips against typical California clothed criminals.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List