Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hebrew Hammer

My dad worked for Fords, in an office. If he had been a cop, I couldn't imagine a scenario where I would sell his duty gun if he left it to me.

I'm not intending to judge your friend, he must have had his reasons. Just saying I don't think I could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    My dad worked for Fords, in an office. If he had been a cop, I couldn't imagine a scenario where I would sell his duty gun if he left it to me.

I'm not intending to judge your friend, he must have had his reasons. Just saying I don't think I could do it.
    I have found in collecting old cop guns....a lot of folks are not gun people, don't like them and don't care. In these cases, I want them to go to good homes where they will be loved.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Once upon a time I actually picked up a pre-model 10 stamped "DETROIT PD" off the front desk where I work. His son turned it in to be melted down. I stupidly traded it away several years ago for a gun I have since traded away...

I would love to own the Model 25 I posted in the picture and would also love to find a RB 3" Model 13 that has seen service duty time.

I work for an early adopter Sig agency, I missed the S&W revolvers by about 5 years. I have acquired my own little museum of my duty guns, and examples of what detectives carried. But those are all semi autos.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Attachment 6048

Ok this one belongs to me now, but it was the duty gun for Robert Collins, former Chief of Police for Monterey Park, CA. Grips are Farrant and it has some self luminous night sight stuff whose name escapes me on the front and rear sights. Got it from his son who was a cop with me at my old SoCal PD.
    Very smartly designed grips. I'd love to shoot that piece some day.

The other guns are really nice too:-)

Site Supporter
    Nyeti - I don't know if you have any plans to write any kind of memoirs or books of any sort, but IMO, you should! You have a gift for telling stories that become addictive because your stories are true. Just what you've shared here is some of the best I've ever read and I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to read them. Thanks.

Reviving this thread because of this horrendous literary crime....arghhh
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 09-13-2018 at 11:47 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Reviving this thread because of this horrendous literary crime....arghhh
    They stole your intellectual property.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    They stole your intellectual property.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

My last revolver that was issued to me new in 1993 by the State of Idaho. Purchased it when we transitioned to Glock 23s.

Site Supporter
    I have the stainless version dating from that time. I've owned several over the decades and never had a bad specimen. The person who can shoot the 4 inch version accurately can do the same with this barrel length. Today some who are used to polymer pistols would complain about the Hammer's weight.

User Tag List