Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hebrew Hammer

The Hebrew Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    They called him that because of his muscularity. He is / was a dedicated lifter.
    Yep I remember when he played for the Rangers.

He shoulda spent less time in the weight room and more taking batting practice.

He was a favorite with the teenage girls in the stands, that’s for sure.
    Last edited by jtcarm; 09-14-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Hank Greenberg died a couple years before the gun got named. Likely where I got it from.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Hank Greenberg died a couple years before the gun got named. Likely where I got it from.
    Hammerin' Hank.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I got a picture today taken at the Revolver Round up of my old duty gun. This is the Hebrew Hammer. It made a young cop in a very busy time less scared and was very comforting in the hand. It was used enough in the impact role to earn its nickname. The German proof marks can be seen where the barrel joins the frame. It was pretty state of the art in its day as it had Rogers grips and was carried in a Rogers SSIII holster (later under the Safariland name), and had night sights. Enjoy...
    I will freely admit to knowing exactly two things about revolvers: jack and shit. So, exactly what model is the Hebrew Hammer?
    Last edited by Guerrero; 09-14-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I will freely admit to knowing exactly two things about revolvers: jack and shit. So, exactly what model is the Hebrew Hammer?
    S&W Model 25-5 in .45 Colt. Not ACP....but what is often called .45 Long Colt. Mine is a 4”. Most of our folks carried 6”.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter
    S&W Model 25-5 in .45 Colt. Not ACP....but what is often called .45 Long Colt. Mine is a 4”. Most of our folks carried 6”.
    How was the round compared to the .357 magnum?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It doesn’t have to expand to make a big damn hole.

This the one with the "tomato paste can" speedloaders?

I have yet to kill anything with my m19 but I have been hammering deer with my Blackhawk/Redhawk in .45 Colt for years.

Best all around load I've found is a 250 grain swc over 18 grains of 2400. Works great in my 16" m92 as well. Bullet should be going around 1100fps from the 4 - 4 /8" barrels.

It really kills deer dead. I used to have crop damage permits to shoot deer in a nursery my uncle lived next to. I had 2 bang flops inside 5 seconds one time.

I'm not sure I expect to see the same performance with a .357.

Works on the opposite principle...huge heavy bullet at a moderate velocity. I do not recal a single shooting that required more than one round if the bad guy was hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    This the one with the "tomato paste can" speedloaders?
    That is the one. Our Swat guys went to a SWAT school and that was a comment made to them about their guns and the loaders.

User Tag List