Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Hebrew Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    That's one of my grail guns.

I was once offered one in exchange for my .44 Mag large frame Ruger Vaquero. I wanted $20 boot. He turned around and walked away.

Sigh.
    I had one once. Nickel in presentation case.

Don’t ask why I traded it. Just slap me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    They called him that because of his muscularity. He is / was a dedicated lifter.

And now...he's the manager of my favorite baseball team. A throwback whose stats may not have been that impressive, but you're right about the physique, blues. In the neighborhood I grew up in, he woulda been called a real "Tuff Guy."

Site Supporter
    Name:  27C04009-7B6C-4C50-8105-C8F24F8B704E.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  40.2 KBI finally got a 4” model 25-5. I haven’t shot it yet but it balances / points well. the action and lockup are great. I can see how it inspired confidence. It feels substantial in the hand. Another description would be serious; as in I’m not fucking around. It reminds me of a colt government model 1911. Solid, reliable, heavy. I remember paging through the catalog at the back of the gun digest ( my dad got one of those every year for Christmas ) back in the seventies. I wanted a model 25 way back then because a 45 was bigger than a 44. I was only eight. Then when I grew up Jeff Cooper swayed me to the 1911 and Elmer Keith to the 44 mag and a 4” 629. It was the 90s by the time I thought of a model 25 again. But then it was 25-2s and 625s. I remember handling a 4” 25-5 and thinking what does this do that my 1911 and my 629 don’t ? But now that I’m retired my gun collection has become less eclectic but the Smith & Wessons keep multiplying
    Last edited by Poconnor; 11-07-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Name:  27C04009-7B6C-4C50-8105-C8F24F8B704E.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  40.2 KBI can see how it inspired confidence. It feels substantial in the hand. Another description would be serious; as in I’m not fucking around. It reminds me of a colt government model 1911. Solid, reliable, heavy.
    I read a review some time ago of an S&W 28, and I remember the essence was something along the lines of "that is one damned serious looking handgun."

Nothing inspires confidence in me quite like an N-Frame Smith.
    Ordinary guy

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Jed View Post
    I read a review some time ago of an S&W 28, and I remember the essence was something along the lines of "that is one damned serious looking handgun."

Somebody offered me a 2.5” 19 and a P220 9mm in factory nickel in trade for my 6” 28-2. I still have the 28.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Somebody offered me a 2.5” 19 and a P220 9mm in factory nickel in trade for my 6” 28-2. I still have the 28.
    I'd still have the 28, but I'd probably have made an insultingly lowball cash offer for the P220. Even though I have a P226 and an M11-A1, I still am interested in a 9mm P220.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 11-12-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Jed View Post

Amen!

User Tag List