Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SIG P250 22LR

I put an order in too.

Well, this sale has gotten expensive in a hurry. I just brought home a 250F-9-B (full-size, 9x19, Nitron-finished slide) to go with my bargain .22 LR P250.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Well, this sale has gotten expensive in a hurry. I just brought home a 250F-9-B (full-size, 9x19, Nitron-finished slide) to go with my bargain .22 LR P250.
    I'm interested to hear your thoughts once you run it around the track a few times.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I'm interested to hear your thoughts once you run it around the track a few times.
    My thoughts on the full-size P250 are best summarized as, "Meh". The gun has one of the best DAO triggers I have ever tried, going back to early S&W 3rd Generation pistols. It makes HK DA feel like a rusty gate latch and feels a bit better than LEM. I shoot the gun very accurately during slow fire, but I fall apart with it during rapid fire. I believe that is because the ergonomics of the P250 really do not work for me as it sits today, especially with the sauna we call summer here. I much prefer the paddle release of the P30, and I feel like the P250 wants to squirm in my hands as I bear down on the grip module. I think I need more traction and/or a smaller (gun has Medium) grip module to match the small side panels and back strap I use on the P30. I also need to account for the fact that I have three years and who knows how many rounds of experience with the P30 that I do not yet have with the P250. The P30 feels more substantial in my hands as the P250 grip module and innards feel really light, almost as if the P250 grip module could be crushed. I noted the same issue (feel) with the .22 LR P250.

As far as reliability, I had one failure to feed where the top round (115-grain WWB) of one magazine did not chamber from slide lock. Total shooting session was only 250 rounds as it is hot and humid here right now. I could easily have caused the failure to feed. So enough of a shooting session to see promise and not enough to provide a useful evaluation.

Thanks for the follow up. The full size looks out of proportion to me, while the compact is just right. The small grip module is what really made it work for me.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 07-17-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Took mine to the range today straight out of the box and ran a mix of Remington Golden Bullets and Federal red box bulk through it with no problems. POA/POI seemed pretty good. I was suprised that the slide doesn't lock back on empty but it was no big deal.

Overall I think this should accomplish my goals of getting some sub caliber DA training. I started working on press outs and have a ways to go for getting the break at the right point.
    Last edited by Bratch; 07-17-2017 at 09:47 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Picked up one of these off GB for a good price several weeks ago. Initial field strip and dry firing revealed nothing was wanted other than making sure it was good 'n' oiled. Superb, smooth and light DAO trigger.

Put 180 rounds of HV 12XX fps-rated ammo through it. First mag turned out to have a damaged lip, and it wouldn't strip off the first round that rose against the right-side lip. Obvious what the problem is on inspection, and probably correctable with some simple tools. Will ask Sig to send me a new one anyway.

With the other mag, the remaining 90 rounds in the box of Mini Mags ran flawlessly. Changed over to a box of Federal 525 pack, which has been giving me FTFires with a good strike in my Buck Mark. That pattern continued, 4 times out of 80 rounds, or 5 percent failure. They would always fire when turned and reloaded. So I blame the ammo. Apart from that, it ran flawlessly. Started off with some slow fire groups where I was stacking 3-4 rounds touching in the bulls. At the end of the session, I was doing mag dumps into the center of the range's reduced-size bullseye target (~3.5-4 inch dot) and keeping them all in the solid color at 7 yards.

Looking forward to more of this fun. Will be keeping an eye out for unreasonably low prices on 9mm variants.

Which is kinda funny, because I've posted previously that I had some time before handled a P320 at an LGS and didn't care for it. I'm now finding it points a lot like classic Sigs, which is awesome for me.

I have also tried drinking Tom's SD9VE Kool-Aid, and didn't like the flavor. Did all the work that seemed reasonable to chase a smooth trigger and made significant improvements, but couldn't get it to where I wanted it. Sent it down the road. This is much, much better.

Here's a link to a current auction:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/784386040

Have bought more than one pistol from that seller. GTG.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 09-03-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

There’s a fellow on Sig Forum who’s selling a lightly used 9mm compact P250 for $300 shipped at the moment, if anyone really has the wantsies. There’s no PM function over there, but there’s an email in his profile.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/1600005644

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Took mine to the range today straight out of the box and ran a mix of Remington Golden Bullets and Federal red box bulk through it with no problems.
    Same results through Sigs rimfire products in my experience. CCI and hot ammo is always recommended but mine seem to run best on Remington Golden Bullets. Only ones giving problems are the ones with incorrectly molded bullets.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    There’s a fellow on Sig Forum who’s selling a lightly used 9mm compact P250 for $300 shipped at the moment, if anyone really has the wantsies. There’s no PM function over there, but there’s an email in his profile.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/1600005644
    Have to be registered to see a profile there. The green forum rejected my registration. No communication as to why. Must be my reputation as a pedantic jackass.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List