Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inline Fabrication pics and mini review

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I got home last night and ran 20 charges of 10g of Unique through the Auto Drum. 10 at a time weighed 100 gr! Pretty nice. So I loaded up some more rds with the autodrum and will use it again today. I was originally thinking of getting a Pro Disk for every turret, but with the Auto Drum, that may not be necessary.
    10 grains of Unique with a 250 SWC is the load they use in Heaven in the .44 Magnum...handles all the chores of the caliber that are legit.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I got home last night and ran 20 charges of 10g of Unique through the Auto Drum. 10 at a time weighed 100 gr! Pretty nice. So I loaded up some more rds with the autodrum and will use it again today. I was originally thinking of getting a Pro Disk for every turret, but with the Auto Drum, that may not be necessary.
    In the beginning, I had one Pro Disk that I changed between turrets. That got old (I acknowledged my laziness) and I got a Pro Disk for every turret. Now that I have tested the Pro Drum I was intending on buying one for every turret. But with your problems with RL-17, maybe I need to test all of my powders through it first. I may end up with a mix of Drums and Disks in the end. I really don't like moving the powder hopper around on the various turrets. With one on each turret, caliber changes are a 20 second affair.

Quote Originally Posted by GNiner View Post
    In the beginning, I had one Pro Disk that I changed between turrets. That got old (I acknowledged my laziness) and I got a Pro Disk for every turret. Now that I have tested the Pro Drum I was intending on buying one for every turret. But with your problems with RL-17, maybe I need to test all of my powders through it first. I may end up with a mix of Drums and Disks in the end. I really don't like moving the powder hopper around on the various turrets. With one on each turret, caliber changes are a 20 second affair.
    I totally agree in concept, and the price to be lazy with the Lee stuff is low enough to make it work. I was just thinking that since I try to always empty the hopper when I'm done anyway, all it takes is to swap it to another turret and switch out the preset drums. OTOH, having extra Pro Drum's would still be faster and easier...which is the main reason I like the Lee Classic Turret so much.

User Tag List