Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: On the topic of Accidental Discharges

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    We can bitch about how the data is presented or the politics behind it, but none of it changes the fact that every single one of these was preventable and SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. Complaining pools or food or cars or dogs or creepy British nannies are more dangerous doesn't change the fact that a number of children died due to carelessness with deadly weapons on the part of the adults. Every one of you should be pissed about that. It's a tragedy every single fucking time. It is not something to make excuses for or to play "it's not that bad" because it is. It is that bad. It's that bad for the people involved and it's that bad for us as gun owners because if we don't regulate ourselves we will be regulated, period.
    I concur fully with the above. And I do bitch about dishonest data presentation. I referred to the toddler deaths as tragic, because they are tragedies. Nothing I wrote diminishes the tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    On the other hand we have men being shot by their dogs because they are the ones usually to put the rifle or shotgun in the back with Fido.
    Wait, what?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...n-indianapolis

Nothing further is public at this time.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...n-indianapolis

Nothing further is public at this time.
    You seem to be getting more than your fair share of these. So sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Wait, what?
    Gotta love the first link below, where a dog named Trigger shot its owner. The next article has a chart of several dog shoots owner incidents and where they occurred.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/27/us/ind...-shoots-owner/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ar-in-america/

Site Supporter
    We can bitch about how the data is presented or the politics behind it, but none of it changes the fact that every single one of these was preventable and SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. Complaining pools or food or cars or dogs or creepy British nannies are more dangerous doesn't change the fact that a number of children died due to carelessness with deadly weapons on the part of the adults. Every one of you should be pissed about that. It's a tragedy every single fucking time. It is not something to make excuses for or to play "it's not that bad" because it is. It is that bad. It's that bad for the people involved and it's that bad for us as gun owners because if we don't regulate ourselves we will be regulated, period.

One of the best on this subject ^^^^. There ARE no excuses! We are our own worst enemy. We simply must do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Gotta love the first link below, where a dog named Trigger shot its owner. The next article has a chart of several dog shoots owner incidents and where they occurred.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/27/us/ind...-shoots-owner/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ar-in-america/
    Fuck me, 10 cases of dogs shooting their owners in the last ten years. That's a veritable epidemic
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    On the other hand we have men being shot by their dogs because they are the ones usually to put the rifle or shotgun in the back with Fido.
    Or, propping the gun up against Bambi's rack and then either Fido wants into the picture, or Bambi isn't quite dead yet...

About 30 years ago the animal rights assholes were making a fuss about people killed by animals this way.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

How do you propose we "regulate ourselves" sir?
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List