Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ZT blades

I was looking at an Emerson/ZT also but wasn't thrilled about having to put the clip on the G10 side to carry it with the wave forward (Pkal style). Is there enough threads on the clip bolts that way?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I understand your concerns completely and was initially hesitant about purchasing this knife due to wanting to set it up for left side carry. The grooves cut into the G10 handle scale do not interfere with the clip at all. The supplied clip as well as my PDW clip both land on a section of the slab between the grooves. The G10 is also not as aggressive as the factory Emerson scales. Mine has not done any visible damage to my uniform pants in the month or so that I have carried it, but is still very secure and doesn't move at all. I went on a stupid long K9 track last week through thick woods and got snagged on a ton of brush and other nature. The knife never moved in my pocket.

One big bonus about this blade is how thin it is. It is a larger knife but thanks to the thin profile it carries extremely well l and I seem to forget it's there most nights. Is it as strong a say a Strider AR or Hinderer XM-24? Dunno. But it is well balanced and carries well and would wager its strong enough for anything I'll probably do with it. I tend to beat on my knives. I pried a manhole cover open once with a Hinderer just because I read in a magazine once that Matt Graham did and I wanted to be cool.

The wave feature on the ZT also works very well. The opening of the wave seems more pronounced than a traditional Emerson. I think that may be to account of the extra heft of the blade since it is on the wide/thick/long side. The conventional grind on this blade is also very favorable. I like the chisel on tantos, but a conventional grind just feels right on a blade of this style. Very quick, very fluid, and slicey (???)

User Tag List