Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My EDC Gen4 G19 has an issue...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I have not, though I guess I could always give it a go.
    Honestly I'd give that a shot. I know an extra 2mm of material isn't a ton, but if you're consistently more precise/accurate with having that material there, then it wouldn't be bad to at least test that theory. It would ultimately save you money from not having to sell it also.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Honestly I'd give that a shot. I know an extra 2mm of material isn't a ton, but if you're consistently more precise/accurate with having that material there, then it wouldn't be bad to at least test that theory. It would ultimately save you money from not having to sell it also.
    Thing is, i have a gen4 g26 and i dont have nearly close to the same amount of issues. Granted I dont shoot it as much.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Thing is, i have a gen4 g26 and i dont have nearly close to the same amount of issues. Granted I dont shoot it as much.
    Are you using the medium backstrap on it? Did you make that G26 go through the same rigorous non-maintenance shenanigans as your G19?

Are you using the medium backstrap on it? Did you make that G26 go through the same rigorous non-maintenance shenanigans as your G19?
    No, my 26 has about 2500 rounds through it and its my out of state carry.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

No, my 26 has about 2500 rounds through it and its my out of state carry.
    Huh...we may have a winner then... ;P

Huh...we may have a winner then... ;P
    I wouldn't carry my 26 like I do my 19. Its just too small for me to be a fighting pistol and I prefer my 19 (and will probably start carrying a 19 out of state).

I'm still up in the air, but I might just buy a gen4 19 just because...more glocks better.
    VDMSR.com

I wouldn't carry my 26 like I do my 19. Its just too small for me to be a fighting pistol and I prefer my 19 (and will probably start carrying a 19 out of state).

I'm still up in the air, but I might just buy a gen4 19 just because...more glocks better.
    I was actually referring to the possibility of a root cause of your issues, not a suggestion to carry a smaller pistol. But hey, I'm all for more Glocks too!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    just because...more glocks better.
    This is more or less exactly what I muttered to myself the last 2-3 times I've bought a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    You know, this really has me straining on the leash to let the sarcasm beast loose....1. Glock recommends replacing the RSA every 7500 rds (which I translate into every 5K just to be on the safe side); 2. Congratulations-you've probably got the answer to your question....and I bet with a fair amount of certainty that your problems began someplace north of the 7500 roundcount...

Look-I know that it was probably in the interest of science and all that, but in all likelihood you've probably trashed (or significantly compromised) your frame/barrel lug/locking block/slide lock....you get the idea. And yes, in the interest of science (of course) you can throw a bunch of money and parts at the problem. But since I suspect that you're not in Afghanistan/Antarctica/the Gobi Desert and the far end of the supply chain, my suggestion would be to stop wasting money on it and simply get a new one. And hey, the manufacturers really DO probably have some fairly advanced engineering analysis behind those recommended component intervals....just sayin.'

And I believe that 9mm Glocks are built to at least 40K round lifespan-assuming of course (actually, probably specifying) mandated scheduled component replacements....

I know, I know...where do I get these heretical thoughts?

Best, Jon
    Jon, you are one smart dude. Those who think they know it all really get on the nerves of those of us who do!

User Tag List