Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My EDC Gen4 G19 has an issue...

I've totally failed here, I completely agree, I will strive to accept no compromise!

Guess for the time being I should dry fire my aiwb edc g17l...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I think a thread title change is perhaps warranted? How 'bout "Holy shit, Glocks rule! Still running after 40K and no maintenance!"

VD, giving this more thought, if you insist on running your EDC this way, the only pistol likely to hold up will be a USP 45.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    VD, giving this more thought, if you insist on running your EDC this way, the only pistol likely to hold up will be a USP 45.
    Nah, next time around I'll make sure to really give specific attention to detail when the exact moment of issues began to occur. I am sure the gun began to be less than normally accurate at around 10k, probably before that, but it began to be noticeably inaccurate well after 30k, closer to 40k.

I'll make sure I replace the springs going forward.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Trading in a gun that clearly has issues so that someone else gets stuck with it is unethical in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Good man!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    In the name of science I'll be out a whopping $60ish bucks when all of this is over and done. Not exactly a bank breaker for me and in my opinion totally worth the experiment.

I have yet to take any of this stuff apart and when I do I'll do a good detail comparison with the used vs OEM.
    Even if the frame is damaged, Glock will replace it for around $150. Even with $60 in parts that is half the cost of a new blue label.

Ps - where are you seeing FDE MOS G19's ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Even if the frame is damaged, Glock will replace it for around $150. Even with $60 in parts that is half the cost of a new blue label.

Ps - where are you seeing FDE MOS G19's ?
    Local shops have a tendency to get new guns and send them out for coating...so...
    VDMSR.com

Site Supporter
    I think that mentioning the concept of a "practice gun" is appropriate here. If the round count was split to 40K for the practice gun with all original springs and 5K for the carry gun with all original springs, the fact that the range gun is semi messed up would be annoying but not really important.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I think that mentioning the concept of a "practice gun" is appropriate here. If the round count was split to 40K for the practice gun with all original springs and 5K for the carry gun with all original springs, the fact that the range gun is semi messed up would be annoying but not really important.
    I mean, I have two 19's and I am strongly considering buying another gen4 g19 just for the range, setting it up the same exact way.
    VDMSR.com

Replace the slide lock lever spring. Glock redesigned these for the gen4 19's and 23's after having problems with the initial design. I recently had mine start to lose tension after seeing an accuracy degradation from 2-3" groups at 25 yds to 5-7" groups. I also noticed a slight difference in how the lockup felt when dry firing, and if I retracted the slide about an 1/8" and pulled down on the slide lock lever and let the slide go back into battery, it sometimes would not spring back to the top.

After changing the spring I was able to shoot the same 2-3" groups again.

User Tag List