Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My EDC Gen4 G19 has an issue...

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I have installed many Ameriglo large frame sights on small frame Glocks in order to shoot using the top of the sights rather than the dots.
    Me too
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Since we have ruled out operator error, the sight dimensions, installation of the sights, the after market barrel and the lack of any PM, it definitely must be related to the late model Glock BTF problem.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Lemme get this straight-You've sent between 40K-45K rounds downrange with no spring replacements? Including the RSA? I'm wondering if you could have some battering issues induced from using worn-out springs; the biggest contenders in my thoughts would be the RSA (duh) and then the slide lock spring....

Best, Jon

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Lemme get this straight-You've sent between 40K-45K rounds downrange with no spring replacements? Including the RSA? I'm wondering if you could have some battering issues induced from using worn-out springs; the biggest contenders in my thoughts would be the RSA (duh) and then the slide lock spring....

Best, Jon
    A clapped-out RSA could induce early unlocking that might be a factor...

It was sort of a test to see how long the gen4 g19 will run, edc.

As I stated I ordered new springs and will put a new slide lock lever into it. Ill see what happens then.

My wife thinks this is an excuse for me to buy one of the new MOS g19s in FDE...

Shes not wrong for thinking that.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    It was sort of a test to see how long the gen4 g19 will run, edc.

As I stated I ordered new springs and will put a new slide lock lever into it. Ill see what happens then.

My wife thinks this is an excuse for me to buy one of the new MOS g19s in FDE...

Shes not wrong for thinking that.
    Gen 4 RSA s are tough. 45K rds without PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

You know, this really has me straining on the leash to let the sarcasm beast loose....1. Glock recommends replacing the RSA every 7500 rds (which I translate into every 5K just to be on the safe side); 2. Congratulations-you've probably got the answer to your question....and I bet with a fair amount of certainty that your problems began someplace north of the 7500 roundcount...

Look-I know that it was probably in the interest of science and all that, but in all likelihood you've probably trashed (or significantly compromised) your frame/barrel lug/locking block/slide lock....you get the idea. And yes, in the interest of science (of course) you can throw a bunch of money and parts at the problem. But since I suspect that you're not in Afghanistan/Antarctica/the Gobi Desert and the far end of the supply chain, my suggestion would be to stop wasting money on it and simply get a new one. And hey, the manufacturers really DO probably have some fairly advanced engineering analysis behind those recommended component intervals....just sayin.'

And I believe that 9mm Glocks are built to at least 40K round lifespan-assuming of course (actually, probably specifying) mandated scheduled component replacements....

I know, I know...where do I get these heretical thoughts?

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 02-11-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    You know, this really has me straining on the leash to let the sarcasm beast loose....1. Glock recommends replacing the RSA every 7500 rds (which I translate into every 5K just to be on the safe side); 2. Congratulations-you've probably got the answer to your question....and I bet with a fair amount of certainty that your problems began someplace north of the 7500 roundcount...

Look-I know that it was probably in the interest of science and all that, but in all likelihood you've probably trashed (or significantly compromised) your frame/barrel lug/locking block/slide lock....you get the idea. And yes, in the interest of science (of course) you can throw a bunch of money and parts at the problem. But since I suspect that you're not in Afghanistan/Antarctica/the Gobi Desert and the far end of the supply chain, my suggestion would be to stop wasting money on it and simply get a new one. And hey, the manufacturers really DO probably have some fairly advanced engineering analysis behind those recommended component intervals....just sayin.'

And I believe that 9mm Glocks are built to at least 40K round lifespan-assuming of course (actually, probably specifying) mandated scheduled component replacements....

I know, I know...where do I get these heretical thoughts?

Best, Jon
    In the name of science I'll be out a whopping $60ish bucks when all of this is over and done. Not exactly a bank breaker for me and in my opinion totally worth the experiment.

I have yet to take any of this stuff apart and when I do I'll do a good detail comparison with the used vs OEM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

VD, I think you need to figure out how to put all gamer threads on your ignore list. This friendly competition bantering with you has obviously created serious training scars. What other explanation could there be for filling your EDC pistol with a bunch of non-OEM parts and then, in terms of PM, treating this pistol worse than a Walmart push lawn mower, as if the most serious risk is shooting a Charlie or Delta, costing you one place in the weekend match's Production standings. For god's sake, you could be the one person in all of Pennsylvania skilled enough to stop that terrorist attack in the food court. What is the round count on your BUG?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

^^^ Furrealz!

VDM, you're way too pro to be so amateur, Holmes. Spezialeinsatzkommando dude!
    Last edited by StraitR; 02-11-2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: My German sucks, and Beer.

User Tag List