Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wilson Combat Beretta 92 trigger bar fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I can't find the trigger bar on Wilsons sight. Has it been removed from sale?
    Still there.

Wilson Combat® Ultimate Action Tune Kit, Beretta 90 Series
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Yeah, for whatever weird reason, when you browse the beretta parts it doesn't show up, but if you search for it by name, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Thanks, I was looking for it as a separate part.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I didn't realize Wilson was making this. I'll have to check it out. I have a couple trigger bars we did years ago that we had welded and fitted for over travel.

Can anyone tell me if the new trigger bar reduces trigger return (not reset) in SA?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I didn't realize Wilson was making this. I'll have to check it out. I have a couple trigger bars we did years ago that we had welded and fitted for over travel.

Can anyone tell me if the new trigger bar reduces trigger return (not reset) in SA?
    I can't say I know what trigger return is precisely in this context. Can you clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I can't say I know what trigger return is precisely in this context. Can you clarify?
    Trigger reset is how far you need to release the trigger before you can reapply pressure to fire the next shot. Trigger return is how far the trigger releases until it stops on its own accord. I used to shoot to trigger reset, but I found that some guns I’d short stroke, particularly when going from Glock to a P2000 LEM. A well known shooter recommended I try shooting to trigger return.

If I understand correctly, the trigger bar contacts the cocked hammer on the 92, which is what stops the trigger as it moves forward. It would seem you could add material on it to reduce forward movement...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Trigger reset is how far you need to release the trigger before you can reapply pressure to fire the next shot. Trigger return is how far the trigger releases until it stops on its own accord. I used to shoot to trigger reset, but I found that some guns I’d short stroke, particularly when going from Glock to a P2000 LEM. A well known shooter recommended I try shooting to trigger return.

If I understand correctly, the trigger bar contacts the cocked hammer on the 92, which is what stops the trigger as it moves forward. It would seem you could add material on it to reduce forward movement...?
    Ah, ok, thank you for the clarification. No, the wilson bar doesn't affect that element of the travel. The wilson bar is only different from the oem bar in that 1) it has an overtravel stop bump that can be fitted and 2) it has a slightly taller face on the surface that interacts with the hammer such that it hangs onto the hammer hook a bit longer along the trigger stroke, pulling the hammer back further in DA before it releases.

Now, to further complicate things, there is the new deluxe Wilson Hammer on the market, which advertises itself as minimizing trigger take-up, which seems like it might address the area you're after. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Now, to further complicate things, there is the new deluxe Wilson Hammer on the market, which advertises itself as minimizing trigger take-up, which seems like it might address the area you're after. . .
    THIS does sound like what I’m looking for bill have to investigate further. Thanks for the heads up.

Hello.

I registered this forum few seconds ago and I would like to say Hi from Italy 🇮🇹 to everybody here.

I fitted in my Beretta 98A1 caliber 9x21 IMI (I am in Italy and my gun is same exact model as 92A1 but its caliber is different) all your available parts for Beretta.
    I fitted in particular:
    WC Deluxe Hammer, WC Short Reach Steel Trigger and WC Trigger Bar.

I didn’t file at all the front pin hump of the trigger bar with WC Deluxe Hammer but I still have trigger overtravel.
    It seems like the needed hump should be larger in order to properly fit and reduce trigger overtravel.

The WC trigger bar works fine and needs to be slightly filed in its front pin hump with an original Beretta skeleton hammer instead.

How can I please solve this problem and have no longer trigger overtravel with WC Deluxe Hammer?
    Should I weld some extra material over the front pin hump in order to increase its size ?

Thanks for your help.
    Salu2 a to2
    Bizio

User Tag List