Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat Beretta 92 trigger bar fitting

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Just got done installing it, no range time yet. Quite an amazing difference in my opinion. The hammer gets back in DA nearly as far as it does in SA, and the front sight post doesnt hop up and to the right every time in double action as the hammer falls. So sad itll be a while before I can get it to the range.

Right now it has a 14# hammer spring in it, also shipped with a 13 and 12. It will be interesting to see the difference between them all at the range.

This should be a Beretta factory installed part in my opinion.

~Mike
    I found on my M9 that with the new trigger bar a 12# spring wouldn't always reliably ignite hard primers, but so far the 13# spring works great and the trigger pull is quite a bit better than with the 14# spring.

The one thing about this trigger bar, though is that it has a very long DA pull and until you get used to it you begin to wonder if the trigger will break before the trigger reaches the grip. A bunch of DA/SA transition practice quickly takes care of that, though.

Site Supporter
    Well, this 13# spring feels like cheating....

Site Supporter
    Yeah...my 92 has a 7 lb DA trigger and a nice 3.5 lb SA trigger. The gun is just stupid easy to shoot.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Bumping this.

I just installed my Wilson trigger bar and man, the trigger is gritty as can be. Is anyone else finding that they need to dress the surfaces of the trigger bar in order to smooth things out? If anyone has done that, have you had success? This thing feels way worse than the stock trigger bar after fitting the over travel stop and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Bumping this.

I just installed my Wilson trigger bar and man, the trigger is gritty as can be. Is anyone else finding that they need to dress the surfaces of the trigger bar in order to smooth things out? If anyone has done that, have you had success? This thing feels way worse than the stock trigger bar after fitting the over travel stop and nothing else.
    Check to see if the triggerbar is rubbing on your grip. I had to remove some material from inside the right grip panel with the new triggerbar. I have Wilson Ultra-Thin grips. The original triggerbar did not rub my grips.

Site Supporter
    No rubbing on my end, nor additional fitting. Mine actually dropped in and didn't require grinding the overtravel stop at all.

A trick to help find out what's rubbing - rub some sharpie on the potential rubbing areas, reassemble, pull the trigger several times da and sa, then disassemble and see where the sharpie rubbed off. That's your offending area.
    Last edited by jeep45238; 09-27-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    For those that have installed this trigger bar, how much filing on the over travel stop was necessary for operation? I've removed enough that I can feel the sear release but the hammer does not fully fall but rather follows the trigger forward as it is released. Relative to how it was received there is not a huge amount of over travel stop remaining and I wanted to check before proceeding that I should continue to address this surface to ensure the hammer fully falls before moving to the hammer arc support area? Thanks!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    For those that have installed this trigger bar, how much filing on the over travel stop was necessary for operation? I've removed enough that I can feel the sear release but the hammer does not fully fall but rather follows the trigger forward as it is released. Relative to how it was received there is not a huge amount of over travel stop remaining and I wanted to check before proceeding that I should continue to address this surface to ensure the hammer fully falls before moving to the hammer arc support area? Thanks!
    It's going to vary depending on the specifics of your gun. On my Brig Tac I didn't have to remove very much of the overtravel stop to get the function dialed in. On another 92 I own I had to do a lot more filing.
    3/15/2016

Bumping an old thread because I just "fit" a Wilson bar into my Brig Tac. I say "fit" because I didn't have to fit it at all. Dropped right in and releases the sear completely in both SA and DA. It seems like there's a decent amount of variaton in the action of the 92 series gun to gun. I did feel like my particular example had a good amount of overtravel from the factory; both triggers felt like they had a somewhat clunky let-off as a result. With the unfitted Wilson bar installed and the 14# spring, the trigger is smoother and much of that overtravel has been eliminated. The clunkiness is gone.

I heard anecdotally that Wilson had changed the trigger bars to require less fitting at the end user. Can anyone confirm this? It might explain why mine dropped right in, if the new parts are being spec'd to require less fitting and be drop-in or close in more people's guns.

I can't find the trigger bar on Wilsons sight. Has it been removed from sale?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List