Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat Beretta 92 trigger bar fitting

Site Supporter

Question Wilson Combat Beretta 92 trigger bar fitting

I'm looking at the instructions they have on the website (not the greatest), and they then mention the "overtravel stop" and "hammer arc support fitting area" portions. I understand and can see the overtravel stop (hump) near the pin and understand making it smaller will increase overtravel, and allow the trigger bar to move forward more.

For the hammer arc support, (see third image in link below), which surface are they referring to? If it's the vertical face, I think that reducing it will result in less hammer arc (not the point of this part). If it's the horizontal face, I think that will impact when the trigger bar lets go of the hammer in double action, and too high would result in the hammer not releasing in double action at all.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/ShowAddi...sp?number=748#

Is my thought process correct on this? I'd appreciate if anyone who has fitted one can chime in. I'm comfortable with doing gunsmith work and am happy with the trigger job I did on the gun, but I'd like to see the hammer's rearmost position in double action get closer to that of it in single action.

For clarification, I'm thinking of the planes with the pistol in the same position where a shooter would have it while firing.

Thanks,
    Mike

It is the vertical face. Most people don't need to touch that, tho. Just file the over-travel stop.

It was necessary for me to put the slide back on, to check engagement when I did it - without the slide the reset, etc didn't work.

Site Supporter
    Thanks, much appreciated.

There was a thread on FB a while back too - https://www.facebook.com/groups/7977...6957060026807/

Ask "tehTrevor" if you can join?

Site Supporter
    Do you mind telling me the name of the group (and about how many members, helps if there are duplicates)? I get a content not found notification and no group name to go with it.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Name:  hook.jpg
Views: 3549
Size:  61.7 KB

The bit that protrudes farthest on the rear of the trigger bar is the bit that actually interacts with the hooks on the hammer. This bit pulls forward as you press the trigger to the rear, pulling the hammer back.

Fit the single action pull with the overtravel stop first...making sure you have enough removed from the stop to allow the trigger to reliably disengage the sear and reliably reset. You may have to do a little bit of filing on the bit at the wider bit next to the hammer-hook touching bit to allow the gun to reset properly.

Forgive my highly technical language.

On my guns I did 95+% of the fitting by working on the overtravel stop.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 02-10-2016 at 10:15 PM.
    3/15/2016

^ that was one of the pictures from the group. TCINVA is on there too...

"Happy Fun Gun Club" on Facebook
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 02-10-2016 at 11:46 PM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    ^ that was one of the pictures from the group. TCINVA is on there too...

"Happy Fun Gun Club" on Facebook
    I've been added to so many groups at this point it all kind of blurs together. I didn't even realize that was the post you were talking about until I clicked the link and saw my pic.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Thank you for the clarifying pictures and comments, I really do appreciate it.

Site Supporter
    Just got done installing it, no range time yet. Quite an amazing difference in my opinion. The hammer gets back in DA nearly as far as it does in SA, and the front sight post doesnt hop up and to the right every time in double action as the hammer falls. So sad itll be a while before I can get it to the range.

Right now it has a 14# hammer spring in it, also shipped with a 13 and 12. It will be interesting to see the difference between them all at the range.

This should be a Beretta factory installed part in my opinion.

~Mike
    Last edited by jeep45238; 02-16-2016 at 03:57 PM.

User Tag List