Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: RCMP training in wake of Moncton shootings

  1. #11
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    I am issued a P226R DAK in .357 sig. We get ammunition for quals and that's about it. Sometimes you might have 20-30 extra rounds given to you.

    If they gave us unlimited .357 sig, I wouldn't mind carrying the round. Having to purchase your own makes 9mm even more attractive.

  2. #12
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I am issued a P226R DAK in .357 sig. We get ammunition for quals and that's about it. Sometimes you might have 20-30 extra rounds given to you.

    If they gave us unlimited .357 sig, I wouldn't mind carrying the round. Having to purchase your own makes 9mm even more attractive.
    A 9mm conversion barrel or caliber exchange kit could pay for itself pretty quickly.

  3. #13
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A 9mm conversion barrel or caliber exchange kit could pay for itself pretty quickly.
    Had 229 I bought in 40 and got .357/9mm barrel for.

    Switch barrel and recoil spring, it would work great.

  4. #14
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    My agency used to allot 50 rounds of "proficiency" ammunition/agent/month. That went away recently, so now we allocate no ammunition for agents to use for private training - all ammunition is used during quarterly training days.
    You can thank all the tinfoil hat assholes complaining about "DHS buying all the ammo to supply the UN black helicopter crews".

  5. #15
    HCM - The de-allocation of proficiency ammo primarily torques me off because practically NO ONE ever shot it. Which meant, once a quarter, I could go around to every agent in the office and say, "here's your 150 rounds of proficiency ammo for the quarter," to which most would reply "no thanks." Since it was already "expended" when I pulled it out of the safe, I always ended up with about 1,000 rounds/quarter that I would use for my own training.

    Now we're ALMOST to the point of recording, by name, every round issued, by lot number on the box. I've had some folks in the ammunition side of the house tell me I can ONLY issue and agent 37 rounds of JHP at the end of a range session (we get three 12-round magazines each, +1 to top off). My response to that suggestion is pretty graphic, even for this forum, as I have to count every round of ammunition BACK into the safe at the end of a range day - I'll be dipped in sheep doo if I'm going to open a bunch of "light boxes" and check that there's 13 rounds left in each one.

    As of today, four years, 17 days and a wake-up to retirement...

  6. #16
    Dead Horse voodoo_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Inside your safe space
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do you work as an officer in Canada?
    No, their radios werent encrypted at the time and it was available for anyone to listen to.

  7. #17
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    HCM - The de-allocation of proficiency ammo primarily torques me off because practically NO ONE ever shot it. Which meant, once a quarter, I could go around to every agent in the office and say, "here's your 150 rounds of proficiency ammo for the quarter," to which most would reply "no thanks." Since it was already "expended" when I pulled it out of the safe, I always ended up with about 1,000 rounds/quarter that I would use for my own training.

    Now we're ALMOST to the point of recording, by name, every round issued, by lot number on the box. I've had some folks in the ammunition side of the house tell me I can ONLY issue and agent 37 rounds of JHP at the end of a range session (we get three 12-round magazines each, +1 to top off). My response to that suggestion is pretty graphic, even for this forum, as I have to count every round of ammunition BACK into the safe at the end of a range day - I'll be dipped in sheep doo if I'm going to open a bunch of "light boxes" and check that there's 13 rounds left in each one.

    As of today, four years, 17 days and a wake-up to retirement...
    We are in a similar situation as are the USBP. We previously issued 250 rounds per quarter. 150 plus 100 practice for those who wanted it - with the caveat they had to shoot it. They could not sell it or give it away. It pisses me off even more because we DO have agents who shoot it. Check your PMs.
    Last edited by HCM; 02-11-2016 at 03:34 PM.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I've had some folks in the ammunition side of the house tell me I can ONLY issue and agent 37 rounds of JHP at the end of a range session (we get three 12-round magazines each, +1 to top off).
    Buddy of mine who recently went through FFDO re-qual said the same thing. They used to get tossed a full box of "duty ammo" at the conclusion of training/quals. This time, they were handed 37 rounds for their issue USPc .40 and three magazines. I was, like, WTF??? Now it makes sense. But you can bet that the FB Ones are not so restricted…

    .

  9. #19
    Regarding the Canadian po-lice and practicing on their own dime, it was my understanding that they are like the military; show up for a tour of duty, draw your piece, and hit the bricks. Turn in the piece at quitting time. No takey-home-the-company-gun for them.

    Same deal with the Mounties, I wonder?

    .

  10. #20
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Regarding the Canadian po-lice and practicing on their own dime, it was my understanding that they are like the military; show up for a tour of duty, draw your piece, and hit the bricks. Turn in the piece at quitting time. No takey-home-the-company-gun for them.

    Same deal with the Mounties, I wonder?

    .
    I think it's the same for everyone. Even if you get permission to take it home it has to be locked up from what I read.

    I read an article about some town chief trying to get it approved so his officers could carry their guns on the way to work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TLG 1970–2016 RIPRampageForTheCure.org