Thread: Glock OEM night sights - rear sight compatibility with other front sights?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Glock OEM night sights - rear sight compatibility with other front sights?

title says it all. Just picked up a Gen 4 Glock 23 that is wearing OEM night sights. I run Hackathorns on all my other guns, but appreciate the double lamps in the tritium rear. Could I simply replace the front sight with a Hackathorn model, or will this cause a shift in POA/POI?

I've done this on a G22. The Hack front is the same height as the OEM sight. My example shot to the same POI as the stock front sight. The thing about it that annoyed me is the lamp diameter on the Hack with the big orange ring was smaller in diameter than the lamps of the rear, OEM night sight. I remedied this by marking over the rear lamps with a black sharpie to subdue them. I don't recall the width difference of those front sights but it didn't cause me any problems.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I've done this on a G22. The Hack front is the same height as the OEM sight. My example shot to the same POI as the stock front sight. The thing about it that annoyed me is the lamp diameter on the Hack with the big orange ring was smaller in diameter than the lamps of the rear, OEM night sight. I remedied this by marking over the rear lamps with a black sharpie to subdue them. I don't recall the width difference of those front sights but it didn't cause me any problems.
    Excellent. Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thanks!

User Tag List