Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle camera / Dashboard camera recorders

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    These are still good to go right?

Roav Anker Dash Cam C1 Pro, 2K Resolution 2560X1440, Built-in GPS/WiFi, 2.4" LCD, 4-Lane Wide-Angle View Lens, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, 2-Port Charger, 32G microSD Card, Easy Sharing

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FVX74Q..._rYW5Bb1JR8CAA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ordered, and installed last week.

https://youtu.be/x55skX12HKU

Very happy with the fit and finish and camera coverage of this unit. Install was a breeze, just peel the VHB sticker off and press in place. I ran and inserted the power cable easily; it tucked easily into the headliner with the included crevice tool. (nice touch, Roav.)

I enabled the WiFi to broadcast the AP all the time; I wanted it set that way so I could see video immediately on the IPhone app. This works, albeit at a lower data rate than I was hoping for (anywhere from 100 kbps to 2 Mbps, actual.) A 1 minute file takes approximately 60 s to download.

I left most of the defaults as is, except for the beep, and setting the video loops to 1 minute length.

Very happy with this purchase.

Nifty. When mine bites the dust I might get one like that with WiFi capabilities to view the video immediately versus having to pull the card back at home.

Sometimes I regret leaving the audio recording on...

“Go idiot!”
    “F***ing Atlanta drivers”
    “Put your phone down and put your foot down”
    “The left lane is for passing only!!!”
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Nifty. When mine bites the dust I might get one like that with WiFi capabilities to view the video immediately versus having to pull the card back at home.

“Go idiot!”
    Holy shit am i aware of that... i might need to wipe the card and change some settings. Dont need insurance to hear my potty mouth if i ever need the footage [emoji29]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

“Go idiot!”
    That was the first thing I shut off.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    The downside to disabling audio is if you're ever involved in something, or see something go down, and you want to verbally record a license plate or description (say of a fleeing vehicle or person) before stopping to help or if your vehicle is disabled in a crash, you can't do so with sound off. You're left to repeat the license plate number out loud (my technique) until you can get to your phone and text it to your spouse. Your camera might not have the angle, magnification or resolution to catch everything that's important.

It's easy enough to edit out the audio if the video is ever needed.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 11-28-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Ordered, and installed last week.

https://youtu.be/x55skX12HKU

Very happy with the fit and finish and camera coverage of this unit. Install was a breeze, just peel the VHB sticker off and press in place. I ran and inserted the power cable easily; it tucked easily into the headliner with the included crevice tool. (nice touch, Roav.)

I enabled the WiFi to broadcast the AP all the time; I wanted it set that way so I could see video immediately on the IPhone app. This works, albeit at a lower data rate than I was hoping for (anywhere from 100 kbps to 2 Mbps, actual.) A 1 minute file takes approximately 60 s to download.

I left most of the defaults as is, except for the beep, and setting the video loops to 1 minute length.

Very happy with this purchase.
    These (Roav C1 Pro) are back in stock on Amazon, so I ordered another one for the Mrs. SUV.

Still really liking this dash Camera, a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing that I am not content with on the current unit I have (Z-edge S3) is that either it does not have enough resolution to get license plate numbers or I am doing it wrong.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    One of my Roav dash cams appears to be a brick now. Past the 12 month warranty and the cam in my wife’s car appears to be complete dead. I went to go check out a single car accident she witnessed today and it won’t power at all. Swapped it to the cable in my car and nothing. Anybody have this issue? I’m guessing for how inexpensive they are they are pretty much disposable.

I recently switched cars and need to replace the Roav C1 mounting pad that was the worse for wear when I removed it from the old car.

I’ve contacted Roav CS and they indicated that the replacement adhesive mounts were out of stock.

Anyone know of a good source for an aftermarket adhesive mount that would fit a Roav C1 Pro camera? I’ve been searching last few days but come up dry.

Momento M6 Md6200

Check it out guys, Very compact Dual HD cam with Sony Stravis lens, Wi-Fi, up to 256GB, Imapct sensor,Motion Sensor, excellent night vision,GPS sensor.
    Quality Korean made.

https://momentocam.com/dash-cams/m6

Simong.

User Tag List