Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle camera / Dashboard camera recorders

Looks like it doesn’t play well with iOS 13 @Simong

Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Looks like it doesn’t play well with iOS 13 @Simong

Any other suggestions?
    Yes, but problem is already fixed now with the new iOS 13.2.
    The camera never stopped doing it job continued to record,but you couldn't pair your iPhone and view it on the phone.
    AFAIK must if not all Wi-Fi dash cam suffered with the new iOS 13.

Simong

Very interested in an update as well.

I need a camera, preferably an integrated two-camera set up...is that a thing?

Also, it would be awesome if I could transfer the video to my phone, without the need for a laptop...
    Another option?

https://youtu.be/FHh5f_1An4c

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Interesting concept, though I don’t want a cabin-facing lens.

My need for a dual camera however are for two separate viewing angles ( ie, one mounted in opposite corners of the windscreen, giving a good view of the fender-mounted mirrors as well as the road ahead) without having to run two separate systems.
    Last edited by Dan_S; 11-19-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Interesting concept, though I don’t want a cabin-facing lens.

My need for a dual camera however are for two separate viewing angles ( ie, one mounted in opposite corners of the windscreen, giving a good view of the fender-mounted mirrors as well as the road ahead) without having to run two separate systems.
    Ah...ok.

I’ve never actually come across a forward facing two camera system.

The C1 Pro I have has a FOV of 145°, or plus minus 72.5° of Center on each side. What is your requirement in terms of angle?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ah...ok.

I’ve never actually come across a forward facing two camera system.

The C1 Pro I have has a FOV of 145°, or plus minus 72.5° of Center on each side. What is your requirement in terms of angle?

I have a C1 Pro which is en route to me now.

What i’m wanting is to have a clear view of vehicles alongside/to the rear of me, as well as to the front. Viewing angle isn’t terribly important, as much as the need to document the behaviour of malicious motorists as they attempt to pass/swerve/cut off, etc.

Ideally, it’d be a three camera setup, with cams mounted on the hood or mirrors point rearward and the central camera looking forward, that would all record to one main ‘brain’ which I could download a three ‘panel’ clip of to my phone.

After using the Garmin 35 since early 2017, a couple months ago I upgraded to the 66W and added a Mini in the rear window. Having WiFi connectivity to both is quite nice, although the download speed is dreadful. The app allows you to do picture in picture when downloading (see below). My dislike for the 66W is that the windshield mount is not as solid as on the 35. Specifically, I'm referring to where the mount interfaces with the camera. On the 35, there was no play in the mount at all. On the 66W, there is just a tiny bit of wobble. In actual use, this does not seem to cause any shakiness in the recorded video, but it is still a minor annoyance to me.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNSDRW8...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Roav C1 currently has a 33% coupon available making the price $48.90
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 12-06-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNSDRW8...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Roav C1 currently has a 33% coupon available making the price $48.90
    I'd love to get a new dash cam......

Anyone have hands-on experience with this one?

1. Will the adhesive hold up to Texas heat?
    2. Is the supplied cable actually long enough to pull this off in a larger car/SUV?

Name:  roav.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  44.0 KB

Thanks!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'd love to get a new dash cam......

Anyone have hands-on experience with this one?

1. Will the adhesive hold up to Texas heat?
    2. Is the supplied cable actually long enough to pull this off in a larger car/SUV?

Name:  roav.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  44.0 KB

Thanks!
    From this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    After having tried a handful of random no-name chinese DVRs, I switched all my vehicles over to Anker Roav Dash Cam C1s. I've been using them for a few months and they are excellent. They have an interface I can actually understand and use, a companion smart phone app that connects to the camera via the Wifi (not through an access point, but directly to the camera itself) that allows me to download video and adjust settings. They attach to the windshield via mounts secured with 3M VHB tape (which is amazing stuff and good since suction cup windshield mounts aren't legal in NM).

I used the supplied tool and pushed the USB cable under the headliner and assorted plastic panels. No adhesive cable hanger doodads necessary.

Also, the camera itself doesn't look like a piece of shit, which matters to this unabashed Apple fan.

Attachment 19974

Two thumbs up! Highly recommended.
    The Anker Roav C1 Dash Cam is an Amazon Deal of the Day today and it's $60. This is what I've been using for the last year or so and I'm extremely pleased with it.

Attachment 27896
    My car stays parked outside facing due east and gets hotter than hell. No issues at all with the mount or dash cam, it’s rock solid.
    I installed one in my wife's Chrysler 200 and there was quite a bit of cable left over. The website says it's 3.5m long, so right at 11.5'. Take a bit of string, run it along how you'd route the cable, measure the string. If it's 11' or less, you should be good to go assuming the website measurement is correct.

Q3: How long is the power cord?
    The included power cord is 3.5m.
    https://goroav.com/products/roav-dashcam
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List