Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle camera / Dashboard camera recorders

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    1. Will the adhesive hold up to Texas heat?

Thanks!
    We have 4 of them installed for two years and they have held up to AL heat, I don't think TX has us beat in that department. They might fall off tomorrow but so far so good.

I'd love to get a new dash cam......

Anyone have hands-on experience with this one?

1. Will the adhesive hold up to Texas heat?
    2. Is the supplied cable actually long enough to pull this off in a larger car/SUV?

Thanks!
    I’ve had two C1 Pros on four cars over the last two years here in FL. Currently one in my daily driver, as well the other in Mrs. RJ’s 2019 Cayenne. The supplied cable is plenty long for her car. Zero issues w the adhesive.

Only comment is that the WiFi download speed off the camera to my iPhone is painfully slow. A 1 minute video file takes approximately 1 minute real time to download.

Otherwise I am extremely happy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    We have 4 of them installed for two years and they have held up to AL heat, I don't think TX has us beat in that department. They might fall off tomorrow but so far so good.
    Thanks gents!

Sent the link to my wife to add to the Christmas list. 👍
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    There's several on Amazon now that strap to the rear view mirror and also double as a backup camera. Anyone tried one of those? It'd actually be handy on my Camaro as backing downhill is basically backing up blind.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    There's several on Amazon now that strap to the rear view mirror and also double as a backup camera. Anyone tried one of those? It'd actually be handy on my Camaro as backing downhill is basically backing up blind.
    Not sure if this is what you meant, but I did not have a terrific experience with one of the 'dash mount' plug in wireless cameras that attached to the bumper.

It came in two pieces, one small TV screen that communicated to a license plate mounted oblong camera unit. The camera was battery powered, the TV was a plug in 12V standard plug.

The fact the camera only had battery may have driven this, but the display resolution (scan lines) was very poor (perhaps 320x200) and the data rate for frame to frame update rate was very slow, relative to OEM dash cams.

It was better than nothing I suppose, and it was useful, but a far cry from an OEM solution.

That was about 2 years ago so I am sure things have improved.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That’s exactly what I’m looking for. I might buy one when I get paid on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    A heads up for anyone installing. If you have accessory power at your mirror, invisicord is worth it's weight

http://invisicord.com/osc2/catalog/i...f6521825aa09c7

Name:  IMAG0916.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  42.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0919.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  41.5 KB
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

Installed the Roav C1 Pro today.

So far, highly impressed. Set up was ridiculously simple, and pairing to my phone was pretty painless.

The downside to disabling audio is if you're ever involved in something, or see something go down, and you want to verbally record a license plate or description (say of a fleeing vehicle or person) before stopping to help or if your vehicle is disabled in a crash, you can't do so with sound off. You're left to repeat the license plate number out loud (my technique) until you can get to your phone and text it to your spouse. Your camera might not have the angle, magnification or resolution to catch everything that's important.

It's easy enough to edit out the audio if the video is ever needed.
    I keep a couple of dry erase markers in my overhead sunglass compartment. They work great for writing notes/directions on the windshield.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 12-14-2019 at 12:40 PM.

User Tag List