• Lee Loadmaster, speed on a budget

4 5.71%
  • Dillon 550, the safe choice, just save up for it

47 67.14%
  • Mods here are shit

5 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dillon 550 vs Hornady Lock'nLoad AP vs Lee Loadmaster vs Lee Classic Turret,GOT 550

Due to a very generous person (I am passing on the karma), I will be getting a Dillon 550.

Guys, the gun community is awesome. Remember that the next time you want to complain about other shooters.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Due to a very generous person (I am passing on the karma), I will be getting a Dillon 550.

Guys, the gun community is awesome. Remember that the next time you want to complain about other shooters.

Very cool.

Dude that is awesome, you're going to love it.

Congratulations! I never noticed P-F had a reloading forum.

I found the Ultimate Reloader site and videos very helpful when I was making the press buying decision. What you are likely to find is you don't save any money reloading, you just shoot more for the same money

I have come to learn that I am not a progressive press kind of guy. I like seeing each operation on each case, each time.

However, am still drawn to the idea of two (2) basic 550's. One for large primer, one for small. I would add the auto priming feature ($80), the auto case eject ($30), and extra tool heads as needed. Powder would be handled by the Lee Auto Drum, which I have been very happy with since switching powders. Total for each press would be about $380, and I think you could load almost anything you wanted at a pretty reasonable pace. Not USPSA pace, but still pretty respectable.

Site Supporter
    Well....my little update is I'm moving into the Dillon 650 and away from the Hornady LNL AP. I just can't justify the case feeder on the Hornady, and they wouldn't sell me the lower portion of the case feeder at all. The dillon 650 also has a lot more support than the Hornady if I'm going to really crank up the production numbers in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I have come to learn that I am not a progressive press kind of guy. I like seeing each operation on each case, each time.

However, am still drawn to the idea of two (2) basic 550's. One for large primer, one for small. I would add the auto priming feature ($80), the auto case eject ($30), and extra tool heads as needed. Powder would be handled by the Lee Auto Drum, which I have been very happy with since switching powders. Total for each press would be about $380, and I think you could load almost anything you wanted at a pretty reasonable pace. Not USPSA pace, but still pretty respectable.
    I keep on hearing recommendations for Lee powder gear along with a 550.
    #RESIST

I keep on hearing recommendations for Lee powder gear along with a 550.
    This has me wondering how the dillon powder measures are deficient in comparison. They seem to work very consistently for me.

Site Supporter
    IME: Dillon measures don't do well with long kernel extruded rifle powders.

My buddy had serious powder creep. Installed one of the powder bars with the micrometer (can't remember name ) and it has been rock solid.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List