Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on disputing an eBay/PayPal transaction?

Thoughts on disputing an eBay/PayPal transaction?

Gents, I bought this ultrasonic cleaner off of eBay and it worked great until...it quit. I reported the problem to the seller, they tried in broken English to troubleshoot it, no dice. They asked me to send it to the UK and then they would send a replacement. I pointed out that would cost more than I spent on the damn thing, they then paid for a shipping label from VA to CA. I shipped it, waited over a month before contacting them, contacted them, was told to wait a few days, and did. Contacted them again, they told me they would send me a new one but asked for $20 for shipping. I paid it, waited about a week, asked for an updated, was told it would be a few more days. I requested a refund. They offered $30 (I paid $60 for this thing), I counteroffered with $40, no response. Wait another week, asked for an update and threatened to dispute the transaction with eBay/Paypal. One more assurance that the money was on the way (they did not specify an amount). Now, a week later, here I am.

Best way to resolve this and to get my money back?
    #RESIST

You can file a dispute with Paypal. Keep all correspondence with the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by byrdland View Post
    You can file a dispute with Paypal. Keep all correspondence with the seller.
    Looks like I have to call payPal since the seller stretched this out over 90 days
    #RESIST

You could have that Belgian Puppy pay him a visit.

Very gracious of you to offer anything less than full refund on product and shipping. Seems worth a call to PayPal, first, then address through Ebay. I wouldn't bother communicating with the seller anymore. You made your attempts.

LL,
    It may not work out to the best conclusion, since it's past that 90-day window. I've found that in these sorts of matters, it's always best to start a dispute claim as soon as it looks like the seller isn't following through of may be dragging ass.

I've done multiple disputes, and always had them come out in my favor. Once was even as the seller. The system is generally biased to the buyer, as long as it's done in that timeframe.

I hope it works out for you. I'm also glad that if it doesn't, it wasn't a major purchase you had to have this experience with, man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right now, I've opened a dispute/case. The seller has 10 days to respond. If they don't, I automatically get the money back on the 11th day. I'm looking forward to providing copies of our correspondence as it's all laid out in black and white.
    #RESIST

rule of thumb... NEVER let the 90 day limit expire if there's any issue with something. even if you're in communication with the seller, if they can't get it solved inside that window, you throw the dispute. you can always retract it later.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Speaking as an eBay seller of 18 years and 9,000+ feedback, eBay will basically give you your money back for any reason... Within 90 days.

PayPal found in my favor, money refunded. Got a much better and larger ultrasonic from Amazon and spent $7 on a three year warranty on it. It is much nicer than the old one that failed and I've already cleaned a lot with it. I'm happy with how this turned out.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 02-22-2016 at 08:55 AM.
    #RESIST

User Tag List