Thread: AR armorer help plz: hammer follow

AR armorer help plz: hammer follow

I recently put together my first lower, using a Stag lpk. Didn't do such a hot job, is seems

Hammer cocks properly. If trigger is released rapidly, all is well. But if the trigger is eased forward, the hammer falls off the sear. This happens in dry or live fire. Must be fixed, obviously. Any guidance is appreciated before I go tearing into the gun.

Site Supporter
    Disconnector isn't catching. Do you have access to another disconnector and/or hammer you can swap in?

Is the disconnector spring oriented with the big end down?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Is the disconnector spring oriented with the big end down?

First thing I'll check. Just want to nail down possibilities before I go rooting around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Disconnector isn't catching. Do you have access to another disconnector and/or hammer you can swap in?
    I do.

Amazingly, I seem to have had everything installed correctly. Looks like I actually had a bad disconnector. I swapped it out (along with its spring) and everything seems fine. Interestingly, the bad part was from a Stag lpk, which I understood to be decent, though not top-notch; the replacement CMMG is a much nicer-looking, smoother unit, though I've heard much worse about CMMG's offerings. I guess you just never know. I'd feel better about the whole thing if I had cocked something up, frankly, rather than having gotten a solid, simple part that's no good.

Anyway, thanks much for the replies. I wanted to make sure I didn't overlook something before I started rooting around.
    Last edited by Cacafuego; 02-11-2016 at 01:25 AM.

User Tag List