Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Shield 2.0?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

M&P Shield 2.0?

I've been thinking of straying off the Revolver Reservation and getting one. I rented a Shield 1.0 at my range this past weekend. Seemed like a nice gun and it shot pretty well.

I'd be happier if the laser-equipped one was grip-activated, but I guess that I can deal with that.

Has anyone spent some range time with one and have any thoughts?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I have both a full size and compact. The full size was good to go out of the box. I ran it through a Tom Givens class last year. No failures of any kind and plenty accurate.

I installed the Apex parts in the compact. I’ve not shot this enough to come to any conclusions.

I also have a 1.0 Shield. It has been 100% reliable and is far more accurate than the little pistol should be.

With the small grip insert, the pistol is very reminiscent of the P-35 Browning HighPower in feel and handling for me.

Recommended.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Site Supporter
    I've owned a Shield and have a 2.0, aside from the texture there's not much difference. I will say my 2.0's slide release is STIFF. Trigger is ok.

I’m a big Shield 1.0 fan...not bought a 2.0 yet. I put a Talon grip on mint because it was slick, but aside from that, I love it, and it has been high-volume coursework reliable.

civiliandefender.com

I like the Shield much more than the G43, despite the difference in triggers from my main carry gun. It's a tack driver with ASYM and the felt recoil was better for me. The CT model was VERY meh. I disliked the activation strongly.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I think I'm going to have to try to find one, at least to handle for a little bit. I like the idea of lasers on defensive handguns, but not so much when you have to manually activate them.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Count me in as a shield fan haven’t tried the shield 2.0 yet though. The only thing I’ve done to mine is add talon rubber grips, Dawson front fiber optic front and charger all black rear, apex ultimate trigger block. Great pistol shot it at a steel challenge match and did pretty well. Shot show came out with quite a few shield specific parts if your so inclined too (long slide, carry comp, mag well, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    Shot show came out with quite a few Shield specific parts if your so inclined too (long slide, carry comp, mag well, etc)
    A longer-slide Shield with longer finger-rest magazines would be close to the "single-stack G19" that so many folks want.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I like the idea of lasers on defensive handguns, but not so much when you have to manually activate them.
    Any reasoning behind this? Not that I imagine myself slinking through the shadows but my desire is to retain 100% control over everything possible that may give away my location and a laser is capable of doing so.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    Count me in as a shield fan haven’t tried the shield 2.0 yet though. The only thing I’ve done to mine is add talon rubber grips, Dawson front fiber optic front and charger all black rear, apex ultimate trigger block. Great pistol shot it at a steel challenge match and did pretty well. Shot show came out with quite a few shield specific parts if your so inclined too (long slide, carry comp, mag well, etc)
    They’re going to do a long slide shield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List