Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CMP 1911s

CMP 1911s

Just saw a video where the head of the CMP stated that when/if they ever received any 1911 pistols from the government, rack grade (i.e., rode hard and put up wet) pistols would "probably sell for around a thousand dollars. Better grades will be priced accordingly."

Uh… no thanks.

Damn that's steep
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I'd still like to have a decent Remington Rand.......because 1st issued pistol as baby MP.

Even the few M1 Carbines they sold last week were cheaper!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

That's disappointing to hear. It'd be neat to have one like what my grandfather would have been issued in WWII. While I expected to be priced out of it being an option, that pricing seems downright ambitious.

Where are you guys buying sub $1000 US GI 1911's?

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Where are you guys buying sub $1000 US GI 1911's?
    Exactly. My 1913-built Colt GI 1911 wasn't in great shape, but it was still more than $1000.

I dunno, the 1911s I had in the service (Army, 1977 to 2010) were flat worn out. Think "rattle like one of Carmen Miranda's stage props" loose....

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    I dunno, the 1911s I had in the service (Army, 1977 to 2010) were flat worn out. Think "rattle like one of Carmen Miranda's stage props" loose....
    Carmen Miranda, umm, yes I had to look her up on the Internet.

1000 is steep, I bought a mint GI Remington Rand made in 43, for less than that. It was carried by a Retired Navy Captain.
    But, there will be a lot of people that will gladly pay that to own a piece of history. Imagine the stories some of them could tell.

Stories like "my REMF spilled coffee on me and did not clean me for days" or good stories like "Did you see that fu^*^ng Krauts head blown off"

Given the shape they were in during the 80's when Uncle Sugar gave me one on loan, I'll pass. The CMP's obviously anticipating collectors and the CMP fanbois going ape feces over these. Truth is, they're probably right.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List