Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CMP 1911s

I found at least three old threads on this subject, and am resurrecting the most recent one with an update from the CMP website.

"10/15/16 *An update on the 1911’s…
    The CMP is NOT authorized to receive or disburse the 1911s at this point. We have not yet received the approval required from the Secretary of the Army by the legislation.
    Thank you,
    Mark Johnson
    Chief Operating Officer"

The current Secretary of the Army is probably pretty busy with transition activities and getting ready to resign (along with all the other Obama political appointees) by the 20th of this month when Trump takes office. I doubt that he will sign the approval for the CMP to receive and distribute the 1911's in the next 20 days, but I could be wrong.

Trump has nominated a new Secretary of the Army, but it will take a couple of months (best case) for him to get confirmed by the Senate. If we are lucky, the new Secretary of the Army will be in place by early Spring. Signing the 1911 authorization for the CMP probably won't be on the top of his priority list, but getting it done by mid to late summer is not out of the question. So, save your pennies and you may get to buy a piece of history this summer.

I would love to get one of these as a historical memento. I'd take it out of the gun safe every 4th of July and blast through a few boxes of 230 gr hardball with my kids, and think about those who fought with these pistols to defend our way of life.
    Last edited by 37th Mass; 01-01-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Site Supporter
    If I picked one up it would be to send to Heirloom Precision for a second life and passed to my children or grandchildren when I pass.
    Last edited by rd62; 01-01-2017 at 01:34 PM.

User Tag List