Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Haley Negligent Discharge

Look at the bright side, Travis now has the material for a new class, "the Kinesiology of prepping a trigger on a loaded firearm, taught by a been three, done that SME."
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Everyone should forget this crap and go dry-fire.

-Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_
    I'll take some time today to review my dry fire routine at home for ways to be more safe, and go over the four rules.
    You guys actually just saw a "Dry FIRE" on video. This is why I Dry Practice, as those Dry fire things are dangerous and scares people.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Hmm, I guess that depends on what you are calling dialed in. That is definitely not my experience earlier in my "career". I am actually a little surprised Craig would say that in a way because he has seen some of the really nasty, although he is surrounded by some great guys now.
    Just to qualify the conversation I had with SLG, not long ago I paid a marketing/IT dude to take a look at my site and others like it for a project I'm kinda' mapping out. This guy knows NOTHING about gun or gun training culture so he does what he normally does when doing research. His assertion from looking outside in, is that we're really NOT an industry, but a collection of personality driven fiefdoms who haven't even done the very basics of business correctly. William Aprill and I spent about 4 hours with this dude and it was pretty enlightening.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Just to qualify the conversation I had with SLG, not long ago I paid a marketing/IT dude to take a look at my site and others like it for a project I'm kinda' mapping out. This guy knows NOTHING about gun or gun training culture so he does what he normally does when doing research. His assertion from looking outside in, is that we're really NOT an industry, but a collection of personality driven fiefdoms who haven't even done the very basics of business correctly. William Aprill and I spent about 4 hours with this dude and it was pretty enlightening.
    Seems pretty accurate to me.
    3/15/2016

It's a piece of fortune that the antis aren't savvy about the overall firearms industry,such as it is.

If I worked for a liberal news outlet ,here's what the headline would say:

"Special Segment: Famous gun instructor screws up on camera then denies doing so. Is an AWB so bad? See more at 9:00PM"
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 02-10-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    This assessment seems spot on to me.

Some of the fiefdoms have strong overlap and community between them, but there is no industry unification.

That you are exploring some of this makes me excited to see what you guys are working on, when it's ready of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could see the cooking world a lot like this. I have had a very small look inside this world, and it is similar. Big personalities on TV and famous folks on YouTube. The reality, most of your best people are doing their work day in and day out in those large establishments that are always good. Then you have a few local folks that are local legends and some are wonderful and unheard of outside their own little region. Others are part of a well established traditional process that is fairly regimented and there are no short cuts to establishing your skill. Of course.....all the "gear" is another thing in common with a constant obsession over gear over fundamental skill. Much of this catering to a market where everyone who has a pan "thinks" they can cook. Lots of similarities.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 02-10-2016 at 03:57 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Photography is the same.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Much of this catering to a market where everyone who has a pan "thinks" they can cook. Lots of similarities.
    That's interesting. I'm kind of curious as to what actually defines an "industry", as simply having standards doesn't really seem to mean anything unless those standards are dictated by law. As the old saying goes, "Standards are great. Everyone has one."
    Last edited by Chance; 02-10-2016 at 04:50 PM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Shit happens to the best of us. It would be an honor and a pleasure to train with Travis Haley. *** Sign me up.
    Name:  Do Over.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  17.3 KB

User Tag List