Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 MOS/DP Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ChaseN, excellent post!

Agreed that the intensity adjustment could be better. I have left my dot intensity one click higher than ideal, figuring it is better to have a small bloom than find no dot.
    Thanks, that's an excellent idea to keep it turned up. That issue you bring up is also another good reason to have cowitnessing iron sights on a carry gun, and to practice using them...in case of a washed out dot. In direct outdoor sun, I have no problem seeing an RDS turned way up, but in the case of an EDC pistol mounted RDS it seems less likely to be at the ideal brightness level at any given time for any given lighting scenario.

I spent a month and 1,000 rounds with one of LSP972's G19 with RDS about a year ago. In general, I was MUCH more accurate at distance (20+ yards) and significantly slower inside 10 yards. The gun wasn't a good fit for me because he has Bowie grip reductions on his Glocks, and I have XL size hands that much prefer the G17 or G34 size grip. This could have played a factor in the reduced speed up close, as I had issues tracking the dot as fast as I can shoot high-vis iron sights. I generally shoot G17s and 34s much better than the 19, so factor that as well.

As a retired old guy minding my own business, speed up close with decent accuracy is probably more important than slower pinpoint accuracy.

I'm 60 and my eyes just can't distinguish small feedback from iron sights anymore. Trij HDs and Ameriglo ProGlos have helped extend my iron sighted shooting, hopefully for a few years yet. But, the day is coming when a RDS will be in my holster. I just hope that the technology improves in the next few years. I'm on the fence about buying a MOS, but will probably pick up a 17 version sometime this year. The ability to change optics does make it attractive while the technology continues to improve. I'm also thinking that tracking will be better for me with a 17 MOS.
    Last edited by LSP552; 02-08-2016 at 11:42 PM.

Site Supporter
    Where have y'all been finding the DP PRO in stock ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Where have y'all been finding the DP PRO in stock ?
    https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?m...33f3bb56ecb297

Add it to cart and it's $481...I ordered mine from them in early January and had it within 3 days

Site Supporter
    that all things held constant
    But that doesn't happen in factory guns. A lighter slide usually means a heavier recoil spring.

Glock 19 MOS/DP Pro

Can anyone with a Glock and DP Pro throw a few pics up? Bonus if you have a RMRd one as well for comparison.

Thanks!

ETA Google only found me one PIC on a 34 MOS and it looked like a huge addition vs RMR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by punkey71; 02-09-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Waiting on suppressor height BUIS:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Waiting on suppressor height BUIS:
    Are you going to go with the Pro's attached rear sight or a standard suppressor rear for the dovetail?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Are you going to go with the Pro's attached rear sight or a standard suppressor rear for the dovetail?
    Standard suppressor with three white trit rings, as I want them as lead in lights in weird situations.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Standard suppressor with three white trit rings, as I want them as lead in lights in weird situations.
    Thanks George. Looking forward to your detailed report.

User Tag List