Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

Any issues with the standard and stealth mounted opposite that for left hand dominant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did mine that way. No problems.

I put 328 rounds through my PX4 yesterday.

Ammunition: 278 X 124g IMI, 50 X 124g AE
    Total rounds fired: 2320
    Stoppages:4
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0

This concludes the 2000 round challenge. I did lube the new stealth levers when I installed them at round count 1992. I didn't lube anything else on the gun.

I had 4 stoppages with my PX4, the first two caused by a stuck magazine follower. That issue stopped when I degreased the mags. The other two were user induced, with a failure to feed brought on by a failed slide lock reload where I didn't get the mag fully inserted into the gun before I depressed the lever. The slide stripped off a round, but the extractor didn't pick it up and it got stuck to the left of the feed ramp. The other was a failure of the slide to lock on an empty mag, caused by improper grip when I was shooting SHO.

I also dry practiced with this gun extensively since I started the test last November. I would guess I've got thousands of draws and reloads and several thousand double action trigger presses on this gun. There is some holster and finish wear on the slide and the magazine well has a nice grove worn into it where the the square face of the mag bashes into the magwell if I miss a reload.

Here are the obligatory filthy pics! Note the lube still visible on the locking block, barrel and slide. The Lucas Red n' Tacky grease is a great product.

Groove worn into the magwell.

Slide wear.

I have to say that I am very glad I purchased this gun. I'm a huge fan of 92's and the PX4 was supposed to be just a winter diversion, but it's so shootable and likeable that it has evolved into it becoming my current competition gun.

Here's a video I did for the video review thread of some training I did yesterday. I set up a stage with the goal of improving time and hit factor over the course of several runs. The gun runs smooth and is quick handling, I can't imagine that a pure competition gun would provide me with much of an advantage over the PX4, at least not at my current skill level........any errors were operator induced.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    This concludes the 2000 round challenge. I did lube the new stealth levers when I installed them at round count 1992. I didn't lube anything else on the gun.

Here are the obligatory filthy pics! Note the lube still visible on the locking block, barrel and slide. The Lucas Red n' Tacky grease is a great product.

Great post. Where do you get your Red n' Tacky grease? I would like to try that stuff.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 03-25-2017 at 05:52 AM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

☝️☝️☝️☝️
    What he said. Would like to give a try too. Coming from the CZ world prior to joining the Pizza club I used a lot of Slide Glide Lite. In fact just cleaned and lubed up the PX4 CC the same way, Slide Glide on barrel, cam, slide/rails and oil on fire control group, trigger bar, trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Great post. Where do you get your Red n' Tacky grease? I would like to try that stuff.
    Thanks!

I bought it at a local auto parts store, but you should be able to get it at Walmart. Amazon has it as well:

Lucas Oil 10005 Red 'N' Tacky Grease - 14 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ARPVO8..._oKM1ybW56KPNG

A 14 oz container should be an almost lifetime supply.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

^ A tube of the above will literally last you years. Many many years.
    Shoot more, post less...

I think I originally posted this part of my post in the wrong thread. The edit window has closed but here's my PX4 related question regarding Truglo front sights:

So, I'm still dithering about with regards to sights to my PX4. In the meantime I've been using the stock sights of course. Especially in the room I dry practice in, I don't really like them - the sight picture is basically black on black in half of the room. But when I zap the front sight with my flashlight, for the next ten minutes or so I really like those sights. That big shiny green dot really helps me see where my sights are at, at speed. But of course it requires charging the front sight with a flashlight, and the effect lasts for only about ten minutes, so it's not very practical... However, I was wondering if the sight picture with the Truglo front sight would be similar, except the shiny green thing would always be shiny?

(Of course Truglo only sells front sights to the PX4 so that doesn't solve the problem that the rear sight doesn't have tritium in it for low light.... Still though. The idea of a durable combination fiber optic / tritium front sight has really started to intrigue me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I carry my full size PX4 AIWB without issue and much prefer it than the 92 compact.
    What holster are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Buddy View Post
    What holster are you using?
    JMCK Wing 2.0

User Tag List