Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

I should mention that I've dry fired this gun over the last three days, and the trigger is decent. DA is heavier than my Elite II and D but it is still very shootable. It's lighter than my Girsan. SA is light and crisp. Reset is a tad longer than my Elite II.

I've been using my Elite II Blade-Tech OWB holster as a gun bucket for the PX4 in dry fire. It doesn't click in, and just covers the trigger. I have a Blade-Tech PX4 holster coming and should be here next week. Blackhawk OWB mag holders work fine with the PX4 mags.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Just finished converting my PX4 to a "G" model. I followed these instructions:

https://youtu.be/GWc6i506oEQ

It went fairly well, though it took much longer than the video. I recommend you buy a proper punch set. I only had a partial set and I needed more sizes. If you try this, use slave pins where you can when reinserting the pins. The extractor is very hard to depress while putting the extractor pin back in, and a slave pin would have made it much easier to complete. As with anything, the proper tools make life so much easier. Anyway, flop sweats and many four letter words later, I have a G model. I decocked the gun dozens of times aterwards and it seems to work well.

Pic of the parts you need to take out of the gun:

These are the two little parts that keep the "F" model from being a "G"; detente ball and spring.

Also, I received my Blade-Tech OWB holster. Works well.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I know there were problems with the Trijicon HD sights on the compact, do they work fine with the full size?

there is no need to remove the extractor to swap out the decocker, either by modifying the F decocker/safety, or by swapping in a stealth G model decocker (i've done both my full size and compact).

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    there is no need to remove the extractor to swap out the decocker, either by modifying the F decocker/safety, or by swapping in a stealth G model decocker (i've done both my full size and compact).
    Really? I just followed the video, which stated to remove it. Good to know, thanks! Removing the extractor did give me the opportunity to give it a good cleaning. It was gunked up similar to what you would find on 92 series extractor.
    --

Site Supporter
    What I'm garnering from this is the PX4 full size is akin to a polymer Centurion, albeit with different mags.

Speaking of mags, do you think it's possible to modify the mag release cutout on 92 mags to work with the PX4?
    Last edited by jeep45238; 11-13-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    What I'm garnering from this is the PX4 full size is akin to a polymer Centurion, albeit with different mags.

Speaking of mags, do you think it's possible to modify the mag release cutout on 92 mags to work with the PX4?
    Yeah, the PX4 is very Centurion like in size.

PX4 mags will not insert at all into a 92 frame. They are too wide.

92 mags will insert into the PX4 but they will not seat. They are thinner than PX4 mags so my gut feeling is that even if you did modify them, the would wobble around and wouldn't work well in the PX4.
    --

Any reason to get the duty/competition can block that beretta sells? I just won an auction for a used Px4 FS and I'm trying to figure out what I need to upgrade it.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    Any reason to get the duty/competition can block that beretta sells?
    I don't know, but since I hadn't heard of it before and had to look it up, my guess is it isn't really "needed".

Beretta PX4 Full Size Cam Block Special Duty / Competition http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/cam-...px4-sd/c5b886/

Site Supporter
    What's the cam block supposed to do? Not a lot of info out there on it.

User Tag List