Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    If anyone needs PX4 magazines, Beretta USA has the full size 17 round mags on sale at 60% off (14.40 per mag), free shipping on orders of $59 or more, and a free t-shirt. Deals like that are hard to pass up.
    Sigh.... Another strike for CT. Looking forward to retirement!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

My Fullsize arrived yesterday at my LGS, the one that I ordered from Arms Unlimited. It appears that it was a 2014 LEO gun. I had previously ordered the full size sights from ameriglo over the phone and they arrived today. I was waiting around all day for UPS to deliver my Brig Tac from Wilson after I had some work done so I got bored and broke out the wood burner and tried my hand at stippling. I'm not going to win any awards with my work but functionality wise it is great. I also got around to adding a 12# wilson hammer spring and the Wilson hammer that I won in the Karma section of the forum. A word of caution on the new sights, BOY ARE THEY TIGHT. I lightly sanded the sight and it literally made no difference on the install, a few brass punches, curses, a nick or two in the left side de-cocker (being replaced with a stealth set) and the sights were installed. Going to run a few drills tomorrow at the range with it as well as my Brig Tac.
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 08-16-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    My Fullsize arrived yesterday at my LGS, the one that I ordered from Arms Unlimited. It appears that it was a 2014 LEO gun. I had previously ordered the full size sights from ameriglo over the phone and they arrived today. I was waiting around all day for UPS to deliver my Brig Tac from Wilson after I had some work done so I got bored and broke out the wood burner and tried my hand at stippling. I'm not going to win any awards with my work but functionality wise it is great. I also got around to adding a 12# wilson hammer spring and the Wilson hammer that I won in the Karma section of the forum. A word of caution on the new sights, BOY ARE THEY TIGHT. I lightly sanded the sight and it literally made no difference on the install, a few brass punches, curses, a nick or two in the left side de-cocker (being replaced with a stealth set) and the sights were installed. Going to run a few drills tomorrow at the range with it as well as my Brig Tac.
    Glad you got them installed without too much effort My full size sights are on the way. Let us know how you like it compared to the BT!
    Shoot more, post less...

I've been so happy with the PX4CC, that I decided to try a cheap PX4 G from Arms Unlimited. I've now got just under 600 rounds through it, 115, 124, 135, 147 ball and 124 & 147 hollow points. No malfunctions. The only thing I've done to it so far is switch out the front sight for a TruGlo TFX Pro that I picked up on Ebay. The sight is a tritium/fiber combo; easy to see but big. Looks like .160" front, .170" rear. DA is a challenge, SA is super quick. It is a hoot shooting plates with this thing; shoots really flat. I am considering an EL trigger on it, needs low-profile levers and a bigger mag release button, but I'm pretty happy with it as is.

Speaking of lube, I've been using TW-25B grease for some years; great product.

Name:  tg - 1.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  29.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I've been so happy with the PX4CC, that I decided to try a cheap PX4 G from Arms Unlimited. I've now got just under 600 rounds through it, 115, 124, 135, 147 ball and 124 & 147 hollow points. No malfunctions. The only thing I've done to it so far is switch out the front sight for a TruGlo TFX Pro that I picked up on Ebay. The sight is a tritium/fiber combo; easy to see but big. Looks like .160" front, .170" rear. DA is a challenge, SA is super quick. It is a hoot shooting plates with this thing; shoots really flat. I am considering an EL trigger on it, needs low-profile levers and a bigger mag release button, but I'm pretty happy with it as is.

Speaking of lube, I've been using TW-25B grease for some years; great product.

Name:  tg - 1.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  29.2 KB
    Drop in a Wilson Combat 12 pound hammer spring.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    I actually think your stippling looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I actually think your stippling looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you, It worked really well today at the range with sweaty hands. AIWB it may be a bit rough but I can knock it down with some sandpaper etc. Will be ordering the low profile decocker set for the pistol as well as a larger magazine release.

Vending Machine Operator
    Thank you, It worked really well today at the range with sweaty hands. AIWB it may be a bit rough but I can knock it down with some sandpaper etc. Will be ordering the low profile decocker set for the pistol as well as a larger magazine release.

I've had my PX4 fullsize for about a decade now and I've never stippled or modified it at all because it was the first gun my dad ever got me and I want it to be stock. That said, I've always thought the sides were a bit slippery. Been mulling over a fullsize Inox for some time and if I get one that baby is getting stippled.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I've had my PX4 fullsize for about a decade now and I've never stippled or modified it at all because it was the first gun my dad ever got me and I want it to be stock. That said, I've always thought the sides were a bit slippery. Been mulling over a fullsize Inox for some time and if I get one that baby is getting stippled.
    I took my time, some buffalo trace and some background music. Once I got started I really couldn't stop.

Vending Machine Operator
    I took my time, some buffalo trace and some background music. Once I got started I really couldn't stop.

Hard to beat Beretta + Buffalo Trace

User Tag List