Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN01 View Post
    Got a chance to run a couple of hundred rounds of assorted fmj thru my full size PX4. Noticed a three things right off. Ejected shells were barely clearing my head, in many cases going down the back of my shirt and in one case getting stuck between my glasses and eyeball (ouch). Second thing, kept locking the slide back with rounds in the magazine. Third, unlike my Compact Carry I am getting no hammer-bite.

Shooting both 124 grain S&B and Winchester NATO ejection pattern is weak, didn't have that issue with the Compact Carry. Never locked the slide back prematurely with the Compact either. Of course the slide stop is about half the width on the CC so that appears to be the fix.

So do I need a lighter recoil spring in order get a more robust ejection pattern?

Other than the things I mentioned the FS shoots well with no feeding issues.
    Very interesting. I now have just over 7,000 rounds through my full-size PX4 and it ejects very hard with everything I have shot in it. Including about 3,000 rounds of Super Vel Hush Puppy ammo, low-pressure 147s.

Since you are having slide stop early, I would guess you may be bumping the slide stop during recoil.

Also, weak ejection does not line up with an early slide lock malfunciton. UNLESS..... you are putting pressure on the slide stop causing the slide to slow down in recoil.

Step one, make sure your hands are not making contact with the slide stop.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    I apologize if this has already been covered, and I know it may be relatively subjective, but all possible things being equal, how does the full size PX4 compare to the Beretta 92 Compact in terms of concealability when carried AIWB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

a full size Px4 is physically smaller than a 92 compact, offers more rounds in the magazine, and with stealth slide release lever and stealth G levers, is less than 1-3/8" wide. the Px4 compact is even smaller still.

i only have OWB holsters, so don't know about IWB comfort.

I carry my full size PX4 AIWB without issue and much prefer it than the 92 compact.

Beretta PX4 Full Size

[QUOTE=LangdonTactical;579896]Very interesting. I now have just over 7,000 rounds through my full-size PX4 and it ejects very hard with everything I have shot in it. Including about 3,000 rounds of Super Vel Hush Puppy ammo, low-pressure 147s.

Since you are having slide stop early, I would guess you may be bumping the slide stop during recoil.

Also, weak ejection does not line up with an early slide lock malfunciton. UNLESS..... you are putting pressure on the slide stop causing the slide to slow down in recoil.

Step one, make sure your hands are not making contact with the slide stop.[/

I hope installing the slim slide stop that is on the CC will solve premature slide lock.

As you said, the weak ejection may have something to do with putting upward pressure on the slide stop, slowing slide velocity. Shooting the gun WHO should tell me whether that is part of the problem.

I've had problems in the past not locking the slide back (Ber92) but never locking prematurely.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by JohnN; 03-21-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonxd40 View Post
    I have the same issue. I find the decocker difficult to manipulate with strong hand thumb. The steps I decided upon to decock is to come to high ready and take my weak hand reach over the top of the slide and use index finger and thumb to push down on the levers.
    As info, after a bunch of dry fire the stealth levers have broken in nicely and are much easier to activate now.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Is it possible to have standard lever on thumb side and stealth lever on other side. Would best combination of utilization and concealment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troydobe View Post
    Is it possible to have standard lever on thumb side and stealth lever on other side. Would best combination of utilization and concealment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that would work, yes.

The stealth levers also work better if you get your thumb up high on the "top" of the lever, press in and down just to give the thumb a little more grip on the lever.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that would work, yes.

The stealth levers also work better if you get your thumb up high on the "top" of the lever, press in and down just to give the thumb a little more grip on the lever.
    I have actually done this. Yes it works and much easier to do strong hand only de cock.

Meaning I have put standard lever left side and stealth right side.
    Last edited by Houstonxd40; 03-22-2017 at 07:23 PM.

My carry gun has the standard lever on the left and the stealth lever on the right. G conversion, no issues.

User Tag List