Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Had another great range session with the full-size gun today. Shot right at 600 rounds today, still no stoppages of any kind. I did manage to shoot four personal best on four different drills.

First one was the Hackathorn Drill 299 out of 300 (10 shots, each yard line, 15 seconds at 15, 10 seconds at 10 and 5 seconds at 5, all from the holster).
    Second, I was doing 2 reload 2 at 7 yards, the last run was a 2.70. For sure a best for a clean run from a retention holster.
    Third, I shot the FAST Drill a few times, shot in clean 4 times in a row, so I decided to pick up the pace. Pulled a 3.74 out clean.
    Finally, I was doing the "All Hands Drill" (6 freestyle, reload, 6 Strong hand, reload, 6 Support, 7 yards, 8" circle, must shoot it clean to count). Pulled a 12.05 clean, which is about .35 faster than I have ever done it clean. So I decide to see if I could do it under 10, pulled a 9.94, but dropped a shot support hand.

Bottom line, I am loving this gun. The extra sight radius does seem to make a difference.

Attachment 13936
    Congratulations on your scores. I have to ask....are you liking this gun better than the 92 series?

This is exactly right. The nose and dovetail on the compacts are wider than the one on the full-size gun. Using a stock PX4 Compact sight would give the front of your slide wings on the full-size gun as the base would stick out of the dovetail.

Full size on the left, compact on the right. The sight on the left has been narrowed and cold blued.
    Attachment 13722
    What is the POA/POI like with the Ameriglo compact sights adapted for the full size?

Quote Originally Posted by CGA View Post
    What is the POA/POI like with the Ameriglo compact sights adapted for the full size?
    So I did go to a .320" tall rear sight on my full-size gun. If you shoot the dot, the point of impact will likely be perfect with the compact sights, which has a .305" tall rear sight.

My full size hits just a hair above the top of the front sight at 25 yards for me with the .320" rear.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I have a PX4 FS 9 and .40 with Trijicon HD sights. As I recall, the .40 is pretty well regulated but the 9 hits quite low at 25.

Sounds like the PX4C Ameriglo orange front with a .320 rear, gets the POI to just above tip of the front sight at 25 -- are those pieces available from Ameriglo currently?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Congratulations on your scores. I have to ask....are you liking this gun better than the 92 series?
    Way early to make a call on that. It is running great, very accurate, easy to shoot, etc. Lets expensive than a 92, but has the same controls and trigger fee (DA and SA break at the same point in the trigger pull)l, dovetail front sight, convertible to G, different size mag buttons are like $15, 20 round magazines from the factory, etc.

Not much to not like about all this. The fact that I have 4 shooting PRs in less than 4,000 rounds and 4 weeks on the gun gives me great hope for my future with this gun.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Anyone else having FTF with there PX4 CC?
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 02-16-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

So I did go to a .320" tall rear sight on my full-size gun. If you shoot the dot, the point of impact will likely be perfect with the compact sights, which has a .305" tall rear sight.

My full size hits just a hair above the top of the front sight at 25 yards for me with the .320" rear.
    So this is with a Beretta rear and the Ameriglo Compact Carry front?

Quote Originally Posted by CGA View Post
    So this is with a Beretta rear and the Ameriglo Compact Carry front?
    No, these are plain black Ameriglo rears and modified compact front. I am shooting a full Ameriglo sight set.

Ameriglo makes three different height rears for the PX4 right now, .290", .305" and .320"
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 02-16-2017 at 02:18 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

No, these are plain black Ameriglo rears and modified compact front. I am shooting a full Ameriglo sight set.

Ameriglo makes three different height rears for the PX4 right now, .290", .305" and .320"
    Awesome. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a PX4 FS 9 and .40 with Trijicon HD sights. As I recall, the .40 is pretty well regulated but the 9 hits quite low at 25.

Sounds like the PX4C Ameriglo orange front with a .320 rear, gets the POI to just above tip of the front sight at 25 -- are those pieces available from Ameriglo currently?
    I believe the .320s are ready. At least the salesperson I spoke with told me they were. Give them a call and ask. Refer to part number BR-401 for the .320 rears. Front sight part number - BR-212PX4-OR. Ameriglo phone - 470-223-4163

You'll have to narrow the front sight to fit on the standard PX4 slide as the PX4 C has a wider slide top than the full size gun.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List