Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

Installing the adjustable sights was a freakin' pain.

Beretta must install their sights with a billion ton press or something. They are just stupid tough to remove. I would not have been able to remove them without the Fisher Soultions sight pusher, and even with it, the amount of pressure needed with the wrench was rediculous. Fitting the adjustable sights was also time consuming, start to finish was 2.5 hours measured in sweaty fits of profanity.

I would recommend that if you are not 100% confident with working on your guns that you not try to remove the sights on your PX4. The Fisher Soultions sight pusher worked well, but was very fussy to use. The tapered slide required shimming and the usage of blocks. You will have an easier time if you remove the safety, which I didn't do. I'm not overly happy with the quality of the front sight, more on that below.

Here's the stuff you will need. Be prepared to make some shims. You will mark up your slide removing the sights, there is no way around it with the finish on the PX4. If you give the PX4 a dirty look you will scuff the slide, so I wasn't really surprised.

Rear sight removed. Not sure what the two dimples are for.

Front sight removed. Look at the mess of metal in the sight channel. I really don't understand why all that is necessary, other than to make the front sight hold up to a 50 megaton nuclear blast or something.

Sights installed. It took a bunch of fitting and a ton of fussing with the Fisher tool to get it just right. Note the gap in the front sight. That was good for a stream of profanity.

The rear sight seems well made. I had to remove the elevation screw and pull the sight leaf up to install it. I used cold blue to clean up the dings on the sights made from the Fisher tool. I wish I could do the same to the slide.

I painted the front dot and blacked out the rear dots with a Sharpie. If you look closely you will see that the front sight post is slight crooked (which I fully admit caused more profanity). It's not too bad, but considering the price of the sights I would have liked to see better QC. I guess it's possible that the dovetail is out of spec, but the OEM sight was fine, so I tend to blame the sight. I don't mind the sight picture and the rear notch doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    50,000 round test has my interest.

New sight options would be awesome. Thanks to Ernest for getting this done.
    I ALREADY DID THIS SHIT

Sorry Earnest [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I ALREADY DID THIS SHIT

Sorry Earnest [emoji6]

I would be interested to know the results, did you write an article about it?
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I was just making a joke about something I said to Ernie at SHOT.

But I did shoot a Px4 for about 35,000 rounds and it was fine. The gun is solid.

Vending Machine Operator
    In nearly a decade of ownership my PX4 only has 10-11K through it. I gotta shoot more.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 01-21-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Put another 250 rounds through my PX4 today.

Ammunition: 250x 124g Blazer Aluminum
    Total rounds fired: 1220
    Stoppages:2
    Malfunctions: 0
    Breakages: 0

The gun worked great. I found the Blazer Aluminum to be a little snappy, and the gun was shooting high, which was evident as soon as I put my first two cold FASTest shots onto the 3X5. Windage was perfect so I dialled down the elevation until it was perfect. I didn't have access to a 25 yard bay today, so I couldn't test accuracy thoroughly, but it shot well at the 12 available yards that I had. It was nice to be able to precisely dial in my pistol to the way I like to shoot, which is driving the dot.
    --

I was just making a joke about something I said to Ernie at SHOT.

But I did shoot a Px4 for about 35,000 rounds and it was fine. The gun is solid.

Yeah, there have been a few others that have shot the PX4. My buddy Jeff Gurwitch (Ft. Bragg SF guy) shot one for quite a while and did really well with it many years back. He keeps reminding me that he shot one before it was cool.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

One of the guys that used to shoot the KSTG quite a bit also was running a PX4 for some time.

Cool just requires a certain je ne sais quoi I suppose. Some have it, some don't.

I long ago recognized which camp I fell into... heh.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yeah, there have been a few others that have shot the PX4. My buddy Jeff Gurwitch (Ft. Bragg SF guy) shot one for quite a while and did really well with it many years back. He keeps reminding me that he shot one before it was cool.
    I was genuinely impressed with how accurate it was for a 4 inch gun, and would imagine how dope a long slide version would be.

I'd actually buy a Px4 Elite if such a thing was real.

I was genuinely impressed with how accurate it was for a 4 inch gun, and would imagine how dope a long slide version would be.

I'd actually buy a Px4 Elite if such a thing was real.

oooo a 5" Px4?!?!? Now THAT would be cool!

User Tag List