Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Full Size

Beretta PX4 Full Size

We have big threads on the Beretta 92 and PX4 compact and some comments in each about the full size PX4, but I'm more interested in the full size PX4, and I'd like to get some of that consolidated in one spot.

Does anybody have any experience with C model, the "Constant Action" version. I've followed the HK LEM threads and wonder if the constant action PX4 would also be an option. Does anybody know what the trigger pull is like on the PX4 Constant action?

What are folks using for holsters for their full size PX4's?

Site Supporter
    I have a full size DA/SA G, I ordered the parts from Brownells to convert it to a C.
    Here is a thread that covers a lot of your questions. http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=108289
    I would like to tinker with getting mine down to about a 7 to 8 pound pull. Looks like the stock pull is about 9 pounds.

Seems like most most of the holster makers that are building for the compact are also building for the full size.
    http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/ lists both the compact and full size.
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 02-08-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I have a full size DA/SA G, I ordered the parts from Brownells to convert to the a C.
    You converted a G to C? Where did the levers go? Did you change the slide too?

Site Supporter
    I have the stealth levers installed so are they fairly flat on the slide. So once I get all of the parts, the de-cocker will just not be used. Similar to converting a 92FS into a 92DS it's DAO but still has the safety levers.
    The parts needed to make a type C are:
    Trigger
    Trigger bar
    C - Sear
    C - hammer
    It falls to a 1/2 cocked position which should shorten the trigger pull.
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 02-08-2016 at 08:44 AM.

May I ask what is the advantage of a "C" model?

I have a full size PX4 (Can't get the Compact in Kommiefornia). I have converted it to a G model (with Stealth levers), and installed a Cougar "D" spring, and it is such a sweet pistol. Not as pretty as the 92, but I think the trigger is just a tad nicer than the 92 that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by f308gt4 View Post
    May I ask what is the advantage of a "C" model?
    In following nyeti's well thought out comments on HK's LEM as a "people management tool", as a defensive weapon, and not a competition gun, a hammer fired gun, that doesn't need to be decocked has some advantages over a striker fired gun, DA/SA with decocker, and an SA gun. That's my take, at least, from following his comments.

Let me clarify, my OP question about the C model is mostly because they typically aren't on the dealer shelves and I haven't seen one in person. I understand the concept, but I haven't any experience with it.

I've handled the G and F models and I'm old enough to have done my early semi-auto shooting with S&W TDA autos, in the era before striker fired guns were common, so I'm pretty familiar with the safety/decocker and decocker only models.

Site Supporter
    Sorry didn't mean to imply anything.
    I see type C on gun broker and I think Buds might have some for sale under Century used handguns.
    I don't know if they are in production any longer, or at least being imported into the US.

I spend a bit of time on Beretta's website looking at the available options for their 92 and PX4 guns, and it seemed like Beretta only listed the F model for the PX4 for nearly all of 2015 (I could certainly be wrong, but I was pretty sure I was looking for the other options and couldn't find them listed). I was beginning to think Beretta had dropped all the other models other than the F. However, it seems as if around Christmas, the rest of the models showed up (once again, it could have been my error, but that's when I saw them again) on their site and are still shown, so I assume they are available, but they are not as common.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/px4-storm-full/#tab-models

Not having really played with one, it's not something I'd order sight unseen, but I'm interested in feedback from folks that have used the C model.

^^^^ I wonder if they will do the same for the compact.

What is the difference between the "C" Constant Action and the "D" DAO models?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List